Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 14,000 miles on my SL AWD and the truck is starting to exhibit a "shimmy" during braking. It feels a lot like the shimmy you would expect when you rotors are in need of turning. So far, this is the only issue with the truck. Anyone else have this issue? It started right around 13.5K miles Is this something Nissan shoud take care of?

·
Registered
66 Posts
metalic brake shoes

I don't have any idea whether this is covered by warranty, but I've been told (perhaps erroneously) that metallic brake shoes can warp a rotor. If metalic brake shoes come standard on an MO, perhaps this might be something under warranty.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Had the same problem with my 95 Maxima. It steering would shimmy all the time. Replaced Rotors and shimmy disappeared. I have heard that most Nissan Rotors have this same problem with some mileage on them. I have tried different brake materials with no luck. Now my MO has the same shimmy with only 9000 miles on it. I have only had it two months. Wish I new how to fix it.

·
4,664 Posts
2000 Max had that problem as well. It could be created if the wheels were not torqued to specs, but overtightened. This would warp the rotors.

Take it in now, get it claimed on warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2002 Max. Took my Max to the dealership and they re-surfaced my rotors, since a TSB was out for this.

Try taking your car to the dealership, since you are still under warranty:D

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Shimmy

My Murano had that same shimmy right off the showroom floor. The car only had 8 miles on it. I noticed it a week after I took the car home. I was not driving or braking hard so the rotors were apparrently improperly cut to begin with. The dealer resurfaced them and changed the pads too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had this problem as of about 7,000 miles. Dealer told me the same "rotor" story and said it would be covered under warranty. However, they drove it and didn't notice a problem. I'm bringing it back for fix with the next oil change. Note that there is a Technical Service PDF available for this problem (see one of the forums on this site for details). Tell your dealer to investigate and fix.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I had a vib in the wheel with Mod braking above 40 MPH. Started since I got the MO. Waited until after break-in hoping it was rust on the rotors... didn't help. Brought it to the dealer and they resurfaced front rotors under waranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts