Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Along with the return of cold weather, so has my rough idle come back but with a twist now.

When coming to a stop (usually under harder braking) just as I come to a complete stop my RPM drops to about 450rpm then bounces back up to 600rpm almost immediately. But while it drops to the 450rpm I can feel a shudder throughout the car. Almost like the engine is close to stalling.

Nissan checked it out and said nothing is wrong. They couldn't reproduce it. It's because it doesnt happen everytime.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this symptom?

·
Registered
853 Posts
These cars have varying idles and low-RPM engine performance. The CVT makes it harder to dial in.

I’ve heard of people having the idle adjusted, as well as the CVT tweaked, to help issues like you’re having.

I recommend talking to your dealer’s service manager about it and reference these two adjustments if he/she is hardheaded. If you get nowhere with them, try another dealer.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These cars have varying idles and low-RPM engine performance. The CVT makes it harder to dial in.

I’ve heard of people having the idle adjusted, as well as the CVT tweaked, to help issues like you’re having.

I recommend talking to your dealer’s service manager about it and reference these two adjustments if he/she is hardheaded. If you get nowhere with them, try another dealer.
Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There may be an association between available engine vacuum because of the hard stop, and the low idle. If there is a leak somewhere in the vacuum lines, this would be exacerbated under heavy breaking. But I could be completely off base, too

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There may be an association between available engine vacuum because of the hard stop, and the low idle. If there is a leak somewhere in the vacuum lines, this would be exacerbated under heavy breaking. But I could be completely off base, too
Is there any way I could figure out myself if there is a leak? I've taken this thing into the dealer on several occasions and they keep telling me they've checked everything and seems fine.

·
Registered
853 Posts
My ‘18 does it. I’m assuming many off the lot do it. They’re not lying to you.

If you insist on continuing the search, just look around for hoses of varying diameters and see if both ends are connected tightly. They’re all over the place, so you’re going to spend a lot of time on it. Good luck.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm. Just my two cents but I think if an automatic car stalls on you using the recommended gasoline, then there might be underlying issues? Am I wrong?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
vortex
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing