Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that sometime right before I come to a complete stop the RPMs will dip to around 600 then immediately rebound to idle. It doesn't sound bad and you can't feel it, but you can see it /w the tach.

Also, my MO has 600 miles on it and I can drive for 40+ miles that steam still comes out of the exhast when it's cold out. Seems odd after the engine has been running for over an hour. Anyone else experience this when there MO was new?

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
Well todays high here in KC was 16, and the last week in the MO i've noticed exhaust steam. I dont really think its anything to worry about, I mean from what ive noticed everyones cars smoking.:)

·
Registered
487 Posts
The "RPM bounce" as I call it is normal. I'm not sure what EXACTLY is happening, but it is happening on all MO's. I believe it has to do with the CVT disengaging at 18 MPH. Watch your speedometer and see when the RPM bounce happens.. it should be around 20 to 15 MPH.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The CVT is the transmission which should always be engaged when you are driving. The torque converter should allow the CVT to disengage from the engine when you stop and the engine should be at the idle rpm. The AWD lock button forces the AWD to engage the rear wheels from idle up to about 20 mph when the driver deems it necessary to get moving from a difficult situation. Otherwise AWD engages when ever it is needed based on wheel slippage.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Okay, okay, so it's the TC disengaging.. yeesh :p

Anyway, it is normal. And as far as I know, the 19 MPH limit on AWD Lock has nothing to do with the TC, but I could be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts