Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just picked up this 2007 SL Murano in late January that needs some love. I won't go crazy on mods but I will be putting some amount and Id like to keep updates on the repairs and upgrades I anticipate doing. Here are a few pics after the purchase.

Please feel free to ask questions or give pointers. This is my first Japanese car and hopefully I can make it Shine again.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Little up date

Took care of the grill that was bubbling.

Scored brand new Goodyears eagle LS from local u-pull with a set a OEM murano rims. Took a while to find the full set but it was well worth it. Tires were 25$ and rims about 40$, its a steal for a new set of rubbers.

De-badge the rear end, gives it a cleaner look.

Installed this Iottie cell phone mouth next to the radio, I like it there and the iottie is the best mount I have ever bought!

Thats it for now. More serious work to be done soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pealed / scrapped the chrome off with a razor blade. I was able to take it off 99%, some very minor spot stayed in the cavities of the grill. Sanded with 120 grit sand paper that was laying around. ( could of went on a high number for the finish but I got lazy ) Prrimed, painted and clear coated it. The primer sprayed some some particles on the top of another coat so the finish is not perfect and after the clear coat dried it made a few small craters. Finish is not perfect because of that but its a hundred times better then how it was before. it did take several hours...

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good on you Nismo2007. It's a nice looking MO you have there. I still think the 1st gen Murano is the nicest, cleanest and has the most enduring look among the others. For a SUV that is over 10 years old, the styling never looks dated and every bit as fresh as the day it was introduced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just bought one too, Mine is SE. same colour. Its very awesome. compared to newer cars. It looks like its still updated . even the looks of it is like a 2016 car. i asked anyone and they guessed its a 2016 2017 suv. i love the first generation looks alot better than newer muranos. Specially the back lights. Japanese cars are really forward in time and technology. Just alone the CVT is amazing.

Only thing i dont like is the cassete player. and lack of USB or AUX for the audio player. Who uses cassete tape nowadays?!

There should be a way to add AUX or USB port to it. Because i dont want to replace the bose player with a monitor or other audio players. cuz it sounds great .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good on you Nismo2007. It's a nice looking MO you have there. I still think the 1st gen Murano is the nicest, cleanest and has the most enduring look among the others. For a SUV that is over 10 years old, the styling never looks dated and every bit as fresh as the day it was introduced.
Thanks, hopefully it can look better soon! ;)

i just bought one too, Mine is SE. same colour. Its very awesome. compared to newer cars. It looks like its still updated . even the looks of it is like a 2016 car. i asked anyone and they guessed its a 2016 2017 suv. i love the first generation looks alot better than newer muranos. Specially the back lights. Japanese cars are really forward in time and technology. Just alone the CVT is amazing.

Only thing i dont like is the cassete player. and lack of USB or AUX for the audio player. Who uses cassete tape nowadays?!

There should be a way to add AUX or USB port to it. Because i dont want to replace the bose player with a monitor or other audio players. cuz it sounds great .
I like the styling too! Even though it is not a full off road vehicle I feel I can tackle winter and light offroad with ease! For the AUX input I bought a bluetooth FM transmitter so I can simply connect my phone via bluetooth and listen to some music! here is the link of what I bought ( [ame]https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M0SFMIH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame] ) Fairly cheap upgrade while I decide what I am going to do with the Headunit.

So I did replace the front suspension with new bolts and the tie rods. Fairly easy job other then I needed to cut a tie rod due to a bolt that was stuck ( about 18$ each tie rod ) Also did the rear.
I still have a clanking sound coming from the front left of the vehicle when I go over bumps or potholes. I am a little confused to what it could be. (engine mount??) insight on this topic would be appreciated.

Added 15mm spacers up front and 20mm spacer in the back. The stance of the murano is more assertive and looks a lot better, its all in the details people! :D

More updates to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks, hopefully it can look better soon! ;)

I like the styling too! Even though it is not a full off road vehicle I feel I can tackle winter and light offroad with ease! For the AUX input I bought a bluetooth FM transmitter so I can simply connect my phone via bluetooth and listen to some music! here is the link of what I bought ( https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M0SFMIH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) Fairly cheap upgrade while I decide what I am going to do with the Headunit.

So I did replace the front suspension with new bolts and the tie rods. Fairly easy job other then I needed to cut a tie rod due to a bolt that was stuck ( about 18$ each tie rod ) Also did the rear.
I still have a clanking sound coming from the front left of the vehicle when I go over bumps or potholes. I am a little confused to what it could be. (engine mount??) insight on this topic would be appreciated.

Added 15mm spacers up front and 20mm spacer in the back. The stance of the murano is more assertive and looks a lot better, its all in the details people! :D

More updates to come.
Check the end links since they're common culprits for clunking noise going over bumps. Also, check the control arm bushings and sway bar bushings. If any of those are bad enough the metal parts can smack against the subframe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check the end links since they're common culprits for clunking noise going over bumps. Also, check the control arm bushings and sway bar bushings. If any of those are bad enough the metal parts can smack against the subframe.
Thank you for the pointer Ineedcoffee, I'll definitely check those out. Front sway bar end link (stabilizer bar link) have been changed while I was doing the front strut and I have the swaybar bushing waiting to be swapped. Ill keep you posted asap on the control arm bushings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Nismo2007
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing