Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys....what should i do?

my girlfriend was driving the MO, and i guess she kinda
scratched the edge of the from left rim.
just washed MO the other day and notice a yellow stain forming on the scratch. I presume its rust. any idea of what i can do.
its really bugging me. :confused: :mad:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
WOW, strong fingernails! I would be nice if I was you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
think its rust....haven't really had a good look at it...its been snowing here in toronto. usnless its some type of yellow paint from the curb or something. its bugging the hell out of me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i need a new rim

anyone else scratch up their rims?
mine are scratched bad.
i need a new rim. :4:

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I had yellowing on my wheels of CRX. Turned out that it was tar that had gotten onto my wheels, and as the tar wore off (or washed off) the yellow stain was left behind.

Wiping it with a bit of gasoline took care of mine very nicely. Just take care not to spill gasoline anywhere, and be responsible about washing off the rag afterwards. You don't need a lot, just enough to make the cloth damp.

That's my best guess, anyway. Yellowing doesn't sound like rust. That would definitely be more orange when starting out, and unlikely to happen on alloy wheels.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
CORIN you are way too serious.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Maybe it's that yellow snow i was always told to stay away from.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your thoughts.

by the way...do you guys know how much a brand new MO 5 spoke (nissan OEM) would cost?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Keep your eye on theclassifieds here and Ebay.

Lots of guys buy chrome wheels and sell the oEMs with just a few miles on them.
Some "break up the set" andsell them one at a time to guys who want full sizespares, etc.

I sold my complete set for $400 plus shipping to a plater on the west coast.

I would imagine a perfect wheel would cost about 125 plus shipping.

A new one? At least $225 I would guess. But call your parts guy and ask.
Maybe THEY have some "trade in" wheels.............

Homer

·
Registered
36 Posts
LOL...a new rim from nissan goes for upwards of $600. the chrome accessory ones go for about $250 (i think). i think the original one is so expensive for insurance purposes...you can always get a dinged one reconditioned at a couple places.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Wheels

Ebay had about half a dozen for sale yesterday when I was looking for my Nerf Bars. Some were cheaper than others. I also saw some FX35 wheels with Bridgestone tires on them that were going for $500.00 at the time for the full set. Probably more than that now.

·
4,664 Posts
muranosl said:
thanks for your thoughts.

by the way...do you guys know how much a brand new MO 5 spoke (nissan OEM) would cost?
I wouldn't sweat it. Your Canadian version Murano has the wheel you need already. It's called the spare. Just swap them. It's the same wheel.

The US guys aren't so lucky...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks jaak

never thought of that.

:2:

any mods on you MO yet jaak?

a friend of mine got a 04 SL, and did the HID conversion (non-retro)

looks very nice and extremely bright.

i'm still debating if i should go ahead with the same mod.

just afraid of nissan warranty problems if other parts break down and i have to make a claim, nissan might refuse the claim and blameit on the HIDs.

your thoughts?

:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts