Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out waxing my murano yesterday and well waxing i saw a small spot of rust on the lower part of the passenger side door.....i have only had my murano for alittle more then 2 months....my question is how should i go about removing the rust before i use touch up paint on the small spot?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
sean103 said:
my question is how should i go about removing the rust before i use touch up paint on the small spot?
I would drive it right to the dealer and have him fix it. There is no way you should have rust at this point.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
sean103 said:
i saw a small spot of rust on the lower part of the passenger side door.....i have only had my murano for alittle more then 2 months....
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I would make an appointment today and take it to the dealer ASAP. There is no way you should have to worry about it. Good luck. Keep us informed.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Just a word of caution - if the rust spot could have been caused by a stone scratching the paint, then the dealership might cop out and not fix it for you. Be aggressive and you'll get it fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it was most likely from a stone....i am going to run over to my dealership tonight and see what they have to say...Hopefully they will fix it for me and i wont have to deal with it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the dealership and they were surprisingly nice about it... they took my car right away over to the detailing department and when the car came back NO RUST....i was very pleased with how they treated me

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Wow thats less than 2 hours! Fantastic dealer service.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That had to be a small piece of rail dust or something like that on the surface that was rusting. How could they do anything in two hours except maybe use a clay bar to remove the rusting piece from the surface?

Did they actually paint or repaint a small spot/portion?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the guy said they sanded the area down...and then they painted it...i was amazed at how quickly they had it done....I dont know how they did it...but they did it so thats all that really counts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Sure I could see how they did it that quickly.... if you catch it early its not bad. I would sand it down, clean it and apply two coats of touch up (they dry pretty quick). Afte about a day you may want to put a thin layer of clear nail poolish on it to seal it up.

You'll be good to go baby! :roadtrip:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sean,

It sounds like you've got a good dealership. Where did you go? I live in Montgomeryville and I'm not too happy with the service department where I got my Murano. I took it in for an oil change and to have a rear bumper protector put on. When I got it back they had grease all over the driver's seat, steering wheel and carpet. The edges of the bumper guard were sticking up on both sides. I had to wait another hour and half for them to fix it. I'd like to take it somewhere else and it sounds like you're getting good service where you go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SAMMER

i bought my murano at purruzi nissan....its right next to the Oxford valley mall....they have a great service department it seems so far....the dealers there are not real compatent....i hope they do a better job for you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts