Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let them tell you what they like, it's not second....

Don't believe me? From page CVT-60 in the service manual:

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm... Yet later on in the same manual, there's something that contradicts this.

So which is it? My guess is it started off as "Sport" and then someone told them to change it and they missed one.

Attachments

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
i agree with your first post though....

thats what i have heard from couple of dealerships and some MO owners i talked to while trying to sell my MO.

it does make sense to call it Sports mode since the RPMs just sky rocket while in that position.

but again, same are the symptoms in L mode as well......

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
If I remember correctly, the owners manual (not the shop manual) says "Second." I'd have to dig through again to make sure, but that's what I remember because I had always thought it meant "Sport" until then.

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's numerous references to second and a whole section on it, in the service manual. It says second every reference I see, except that one.

So my speculation is, that it was designed as sport and someone came along and said "Don't call it that. This CVT is new for us and the last thing we need is a bunch of Yahoos going out there and stressing the crap out of it! Just call it second. No one's going to drive around in second all day, it's just wrong. I want you guys to find every reference to sport and replace it!"

Ooops! Missed one.

Yahoo!:D

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
jaak said:
There's numerous references to second and a whole section on it, in the service manual. It says second every reference I see, except that one.

So my speculation is, that it was designed as sport and someone came along and said "Don't call it that. This CVT is new for us and the last thing we need is a bunch of Yahoos going out there and stressing the crap out of it! Just call it second. No one's going to drive around in second all day, it's just wrong. I want you guys to find every reference to sport and replace it!"

Ooops! Missed one.

Yahoo!:D
HA! :D

Yeah, I bet you're right. I've had the same kinds of conversations here at work. We devs come up with realistic names that make sense, but the marketing folks make up some completely bogus name instead because they actually want customers to BUY our products... :rolleyes:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
How about if the S"..

means SUPER ..

Hence, from D murano to Super Murano...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts