Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
In a place a long time ago

in a land far far away, I Graduated from Rancocas VAlley Regional HS.
We lived on Cherry st.

It was a very long time ago.

Homer

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well, sort of.
My Dad was career army with over 37 years of service. He finished out his career at Ft Dix.
My mom was originally from the area tho, and her urging was what got us there. Dad called some friend in the Pentagon and it was done.
We moved there in 1945 and I left in 1956 to go to FL and join the USAF.
Still go back for reunions and such.
Still like the place.

But I am retired now and cannot stand cold weather, so I only visit in the summer.
Much has changed but I am impressed with the fact that Cherry st and the HS still look the same (Even tho the school is much larger, it is quite a illusion!)

And you?

Homer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me? I'm originally from Philadelphia (Germantown). I too was in the USAF, spent most of my ten years in the UK. After getting out I worked in NY and PA. Discovered Mt. Holly while working for a small hospital on the PA side of the Burling ton Bristol bridge. Mt. Holly is nice, quiet , almost rural rather than suburban. Loads of new homes going up in surrounding Westhampton and Lumberton. I purchased a home here in 2002. I like it's location. It's 30minutes from Philly and 1.5 hours from NY.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Cool.
Yes, Holly does have a rural feel, even after all these years.
It's a great little town.
When we go back we always stop into Robins Nest and have some lunch and then we walk the downtown area.
Still nice.
If you get a chance, climb the Mount. Makes it even more rural and since S Jersey has the topography of a pool table, you can see for miles.

You have the best of all worlds.

Except for having to go over the Burl/Bristol bridge. That thing still have a turn in it? I think it was built just after George crossed the delaware in a row boat.

Enjoy your Murano.

Homer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts