Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked in the forum but could find anything... what is the differences between an S and SL?

I saw an S... looks like you don't get the compass mirror, 4 instead of 6 speakers, no radio controls on steering wheel... what else?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
4,994 Posts
Couldn't live without FOGS, and thats a fact jaak!. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's funny, because I have never found fog lights to actually help illuminate things any better. I guess I just don't drive in fog enough!

Seriously, it always seems to me that the fogs do little more than provide some nice asthetics. I rarely have them on, specially now with the Xenons lighting things up.

Regarding the S model, I believe the Nissan web site has a table that compares the features of the S/SL/SE. One of the most significant differences with the S model is the limited number of options available for it.

·
4,994 Posts
msfiveiron

Your are right.

"Seriously, it always seems to me that the fogs do little more than provide some nice asthetics"

But that's why I love em and added another set of Driving lights also, right beside / below the Fogs in the lower grill opending. Fogs Yellow all else color matched for HID colour. Grip :D

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Grip how about some pictures of the extra lights?

I find that any white light is NOT a fog light but rather a driving light. The white light just reflects too much on the fog where as a yellow cuts through a little bit better.

Even though it helps driving in non foggy or clear night conditions in MASS you can use them unless the wx is bad.... go figure.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
OK, dummy time for me. I have owned the MO for 14 months and under the impression that there was a SL or SE. I have the SL with the fog lights and homelink and stuff. There actually is an "S" model?
I have never seen one.
Bob1

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Bob1.

I'm with you. I've had mine for 20 mths now and have never heard of an S model. I know it wasn't available when I bought my 2003, so maybe it's just new for 2005???

They have it listed on the Nissan site as the low end. Starting at $27k...

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
I'm with you. I've had mine for 20 mths now and have never heard of an S model. I know it wasn't available when I bought my 2003, so maybe it's just new for 2005???
Yes, there are 3 trim level for 2005 onwards, from lowest priced to highest:
S
SL
SE

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
More common these days.
Usta was that there was always a base model, and often it was the high volume model.
Then "content competition" took hold and companies were loading Models.
Usually when you "build" a model on a companies website they allow you to "compare" their Bilgewater 8 with the lowly Toyonda V6.
The comparison MOSTLY compares content.

Then as a model matures, they "decontent" a model to make it more accessible to more people.

The Murano has stabilized at <> 5500 units per month in NA. Not bad, and above initial targets.
But if they could sell a 1000 S's per month and only cannibalized 250 SL/SEsales they would be way ahead.

I keep waiting for a Viper S at $30,000

Homer

:2:

·
4,994 Posts
SugarRushMurano

Would you agree the The S is a lower lever of trim and that SL and SE are a different level of trim. Some of us selected SL over SE not beacuse of cost but wheel shapes and ride stiffness.
???

GRIP :D

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only trim difference I saw while quickly physically looking at an S model was the steering wheel controls (not radio controls) and no compass in rear view mirror. I didn't notice the fogs missing as stated above. Otherwise the exterior looked identical to an SL.

·
Registered
276 Posts
lilbit_cmm said:
Hey Bob1.

They have it listed on the Nissan site as the low end. Starting at $27k...
When I returned from the car show on Saturday with visions of Mo's dancing in my head I did a google search and found this:

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelHomePage/0,,120025,00.html

·
Registered
420 Posts
The holes where the fog lights should be are covered with a black plastic insert. Also, you can't get this model in platinum, blue or copper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I took the S because you get get Mo looks, Mo performance(same motor,tranny,suspension,wheels) interior finish, for bargain basement pricing. All the bells and whistles would be nice I suppose, but really I'm impressed with the base model all by itself. I mean Nav...cool, but I've been driving for 18 years now without it and always seem to find my way to where I'm going...160w 4 speaker stereo....loud enough and clear enough for me...VDC..cool concept, but driving techniques and abilities should be relied upon more often then a electronic system that can fail...Xenon lights...another look good function, but regular headlights have served me well thus far...(plus they are a target for thieves...)

And in my case, if I need or want any of these add ons..with the exception of the VDC, I can have done for alot cheaper then Nissan would've charged me....

I pretty much was looking for the performance level that was offered by the 3.5 and the CVT..and got what I was looking for.

Can you see my perma-grin thru the monitor.....:2:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
You did good.

Pound for pound you did as well or better than the rest of us.

Homer

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I mean Nav...cool, but I've been driving for 18 years now without it

Real men don't need NAV, we always know where we are going!
Just ask my wife!
Bob1:D

·
Registered
415 Posts
LOL...Reading through these posts made me chuckle..Anyhooo, the S series was just introduced this year. I wish I had xenon and want to get them installed, but all signs point to it being difficult and costly.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i am still hoping that a Murano is in my future. Now that I have gotten through my 2nd childhood, I want something that an adult who wants to have a little more adult fun would drive. The MO looks like it would fill the bill in that area.

Thank you all for all ov your posts. You hav been so helpful and patient with me. When I drive home with a new one, I will take a picture and post it, proudly, for all to see.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts