Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see how Saab markets this new vehicle, it's 1st SUV
Looks like a nice machine, if you like Saabs, but overall is basically a GM product.

Price range will be $37k-45K US dollars.

My wife has a 9-5 Aero. I may stop in at the showroom when they release the 9-7x to the public and see what it's all about.

One thing that I've seen is that the paint seems to be a much better quality, harder, less chips, imperfections, etc. at least on the 9-5's that my wife has had.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but how do you like the 9-5? I was looking at that as well since it is one of the few CARS that has a decent tow rating (3500lbs, same as the MO). When test driving, I just couldn't imagine it actually being able to tow that much. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
The Saab 97x is a rebadged Chevrolet TrailBlazer/GMC Envoy/Isuzu Ascender/Buick Something or Other....... WELL, you get the picture!

·
5,268 Posts
ekaxel said:
The Saab 97x is a rebadged Chevrolet TrailBlazer/GMC Envoy/Isuzu Ascender/Buick Something or Other....... WELL, you get the picture!
You are not kidding, are you? But then again - anything is possible.........:(

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yes the Saab 9-7x is the a rebadged GM midsize SUV. Saab claims to have improved the suspension tuning but you can only do so much with an outdated platform. I wonder if it will come with GM's 4-speed automatic! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
mlinder said:
Saab also sells a rebadged Subaru Impreza! It's called the 9-3, I think.

Mark

Its actually the 9-2. The 9-3 is built on the same platform underpinning the Chevy Malibu and the new Pontiac G6.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
it is not like saab has any choice once it was bought by

General Motors.

Subaru and Saab will commonly share lots of components/designs.
One recent article in motor trend recently slapped them as a new brand: SAABARU :rolleyes:

·
5,268 Posts
Rented Chevy Malibu recently, twice actually. The old one and the new one. The new one is based in Saab platform. I liked it. Even though it was rental and really basic version it handled quite OK.

I understand Saab componenets going into Chevy, but the other way? NO!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
General motors also screwed up Isuzu so now that company only has one vehicle sold in the US - the Ascender, which is, you guess it, a rebadged Trailblazer.

Isuzu currently builds the Duramax diesel engine for GM pickups.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I don't really understand the value of all this rebadging. Our local Isuzu dealer (I had 2 Troopers proir to the MO) is also a Buick/Pontiac/GMC dealer in the same location. That means he sells the Envoy, Ascender and Buick whatever, all the same vehicle in the same location!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
ekaxel said:
I don't really understand the value of all this rebadging. Our local Isuzu dealer (I had 2 Troopers proir to the MO) is also a Buick/Pontiac/GMC dealer in the same location. That means he sells the Envoy, Ascender and Buick whatever, all the same vehicle in the same location!

The value of rebadging it to ignore innovation and creativity in return for low development costs. As long as buyers are clueless to the origins of these vehicles, they will sell. :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
The Isuzu is probably a better deal because you get a 10/100000 warranty with it.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
i somehow like the looks of isuzu axiom..

kindda cool.

·
5,268 Posts
Eric L. said:

The value of rebadging it to ignore innovation and creativity in return for low development costs. As long as buyers are clueless to the origins of these vehicles, they will sell. :(
You are right Eric. Furthermore, buyers usually go for brand, so rebadging does make sense for corporations.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
[/QUOTE] i somehow like the looks of isuzu axiom..

Until you sit in it and try to adjust the seat!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am really wondering who in their right mind will buy the rebadged SAAB WRX. I almost wish the TV ads for this car (showing how sticky it is to the road... errr yeah it's been 'sticky' for the last 3 years as the Subaru WRX) would mention that it's just a mild makeover of another car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts