Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Murano that was driving fine and from what alot of people are telling me it went into safe mode. One mechanic buddy looked at it and said it may be my throttle body. I was able to take it off and clean it and put it back in. Then I did the throttle relearn procedure and took it for a test drive and it drove fine. The next morning it started acting up again. When I start it the engine sounds normal and revs normal while in park and neutral. When I put it in drive and give it gas the rpms fluctuate between 1200-2000 and won't drive. When in reverse it'll fluctuate also between the same rpms but it does reverse at 1-3 mph. I really don't know what else to do. Any suggestions will help.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Have you checked your air intake for holes?

Edit: I guess I have to assume you did if you had your throttle body off...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir when I was taking it apart just trying to find anything that looks broken or messed up. The same when I was putting everything back in and together double checking everything.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Have you scanned for error codes?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Also have your battery load tested just to be sure it's in good condition, strange things occur when the voltage is marginal in today's computer controlled cars...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't have money to tow it to get it scanned but I did rent a diagnostic tester from AutoZone for $150 and it wasn't showing any codes. It did have a blinking light for evap system and I was able to check the battery and the alternator and they were both in operational range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts