Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 03 MO, I had my folks bring the "winter" floor mats up from Florida as soon as they could because they weren't available in Canada :confused: Though they're available here now, and Husky and others now make some nice floor liners, that didn't help me with the salt stains I had in the black carpeting following the last part of the winter in early 03.

I tried all sorts of concoctions over the next couple of years and then I found Simonize Salt Stain Cleaner. In short -- the stuff's amazing!! Follow the directions on the bottle and the salt stains are totally gone.

Hopefully this saves others from having to go through the same grief I experienced.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
thecanuck said:

I tried all sorts of concoctions over the next couple of years and then I found Simonize Salt Stain Cleaner. In short -- the stuff's amazing!! Follow the directions on the bottle and the salt stains are totally gone.

Hopefully this saves others from having to go through the same grief I experienced.
Thanks for the tip. I scrubbed my @ss off to remove the salt from last winter.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Re: Re: Salt stains

Mr3Putt said:

Thanks for the tip. I scrubbed my @ss off to remove the salt from last winter.
A rag or stiff brush would probably work a little better than your butt cheeks! :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
thecanuck said:

First I have heard of the product but I can use it. Where did you find it ?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
at the detail shop we use straight 3M APC with some scrubbing and then a steam clean. works wonders.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Salt stains

rjardine said:

First I have heard of the product but I can use it. Where did you find it ?
rjardine

mucho apologies for taking so long to reply -- my "employer" has kept me a little busy out of the country for awhile. Anyhow -- Canadian Tire. And just to speed up the drying time, I remove the "excess" liquids with a Bissell Little Green Machine, though I suspect any shopvac would do the same.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thnx!
Not to late given the mild winter. With the 2 dumps in the last couple of weeks will be needing it soon, although with the current storm Halifax has been spared the worst.

But I did buy jaak's mats, so carpet is now well protected for the most part.

·
Registered
844 Posts
To use salt one would have to admit that you have had snow. It has been really lacking here this year in Calgary so I guess no salt cleaning for me. :2: :2:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stoker said:
To use salt one would have to admit that you have had snow. It has been really lacking here this year in Calgary so I guess no salt cleaning for me. :2: :2:
Stoker

I lived in Calgary from 95-97 and loved it (except for maybe the "Alberta Smile" -- don't miss that). Thanx for rubbing it in :cursin: . The even sadder part is that I'm not even in Kingston anymore :( , where they too have no snow. My employer saw fit last summer to transfer me to Petawawa, ON (about 1 1/2 hours west of Ottawa) where we have PLENTY of snow :3: .

Those cheques of "Ralph Bucks" sure must have been nice.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i still didn't get mine !!!! we've made up quite a bit in the snow department in edmonton. too bad because i was anxious to get the black chromies on already and give the MO the spa treatment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts