Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new MO, (luv this group BTW) thanks for all the great posts.

Last night I installed a new XM tuner and antenna, using the micro antenna ... mounting it inside the rear center brake housing, ... got everything turned on, ... subscribed.

My question is about the display mode. For my XM radio in my garage, it shows the artist and title all the time, and I can change channels, ... etc , ...

but in my MO, .. I notice that when I first press the SAT button, ... I can see the Ch number, ... then use the tunning knob to put it on the correct channel I want, ... but the artis and title are not displayed, ..... unless I then press the AUDIO (options) button once. Now it correctly shows the artist and title!!! BUT, .... I can't change the channel until I , ... either press the audion button "7" more times to bring the display back around to showing the channel # ONLY, ... or press the FM, CD or tape button, then re-press the SAT button.

Is there someway to make the default SAT display show the artist and title all the time?

TIA
Allen S

'04 Polished Pewter SL AWD
Touring Group
Mats
Splash Guards
Chrome Wheels
Remote Start
Cargo protector
De-badged

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
YOUR SAT WORKS IN THE GARAGE? Where is the antenna??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a "standard" XM setup in the garage (home based business) and listen to it all day, ... the antenna works by just pointing it towards the ceiling and attacing it to the wall.

ie ... nothing to do with the mobile installation in the MO.

now back to my original question ...... :)

Allen

·
5,100 Posts
Does your mo act that way both in and out of the garage?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, .... (this is gettin funny). Let's see if I can straighten this out ...

I have 2 SAT receivers, ... one is a desktop model that I use in my garage, and the other is the one that I just installed in my MO last night. .. I restore pinball machines for a living, .. so most of my work is done out there. Right now, I can't park 'any' cars in my garage, let alone my new MO. so it's a mute point as to wether my MO works in the garage or not.

here's a link to my website http://www.treasure-cove.net

now back to the display mode on the MO. is it possible to show the artist and title, and also be able to change channels at the same time?

Allen "gripping it :)" Shope

·
5,100 Posts
Sorry for pulling your "Flipper" er leg. I did get a Grip on it. But this way I got to see you neat web site.

Maybe someday i can buy a machine from you. Back to your point. When I hit SAT and then run thru the ABC presets one of them gives me a menu to start changin how I want the Sat to display. I then use the joystick to get the display option I want. If this does not get you on the right track I go out in my Garage where there is a MO parked and copy down exactly what I do. Grip :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Muchas Gracias Senior! I'll try it .... thanks for the tip!!!

Allen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, ... I just got back from the MO, ... and I must be really stupid, ... cause I can't figure it out ...

Again, what I want to do, is to be able to press teh SAT button and the SAT will come on and automatically display the artist and title. So far, the only way I've been able to do this is by pressing the audion button, ... but if I do this , .... I can't change the channel!

any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Allen

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got the NAV system in my Murano, and I'm not sure if the option is different or not for those without the NAV system. But, if you press the Audio button several times (not sure of exactly how many), you should get to an option that allows you to specify what you want displayed. I think it's labeled something like "Display Mode". With that option showing on the display, turn the knob, and you can select what you want to have displayed when the SAT radio is on. Press the Audio knob one more time after making your selection, and you should see your choice on the display screen.

Someone please correct me if this isn't the case for those without the NAV system.

Jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the post.

I don't have the NAV system. If I remember correctly (my wife has the MO now ..."another problem!!!") when you press the Audio button, ... (in SAT mode) the first press will show artist/title, ... the second thru 8th press will cycle thru BASS adjust, Treble, fade, balance, etc , ... but I didn't see any "DISPLAY MODE" come up.

maybe there's someone else who has SAT that can help!?

peace
Allen

·
Registered
78 Posts
Legion455 said:
thanks for the post.

I don't have the NAV system. If I remember correctly (my wife has the MO now ..."another problem!!!") when you press the Audio button, ... (in SAT mode) the first press will show artist/title, ... the second thru 8th press will cycle thru BASS adjust, Treble, fade, balance, etc , ... but I didn't see any "DISPLAY MODE" come up.

maybe there's someone else who has SAT that can help!?

peace
Al
len
I have the same, non-nav system and here is how it works on mine.

First, to find the display mode, turn on the system until XM loads and is working. Keep slowly pushing the AUDIO knob until you see DISPLAY MODE on the screen. It is the last one, after the SSV OFF (or ON).

Now, to preset the display you want as default, press the AUDIO knob until DISPLAY MODE is shown on the screen. Quickly, rotate the knob and then CH NO (or something like that) will come up. Turn again, and CH NAME will come up, followed by ARTIST NAME and then some other selections. When you arrive at the one you want as the default at start up, press in on the AUDIO knob. Next time you change channels either with the PRESET buttons or TUNE button, the channel number will pop up briefly and then the display will go to your selected default.

Now, a couple of other observations. It is correct that after you set something with the AUDIO knob, it then only will change the display and not the channel. Use the TUNE/REW FF rocker switch to change channels. You can also select categories with the SEEK/TRACK rocker switch.

Also, you can select your preset stations from the steering wheel. Pushing the unlabled up/down rocker switch (just below the MODE/POWER push buttons) will cycle through your presets. Push and hold up the same button for a couple of seconds and the XM will go into the categories mode and the same button will then allow you to cycle through the categories. I haven't found a way from the steering wheel buttons to then search through the category though. I think once I found a way to change between PRESET A, B, C banks from the steering wheel buttons, but now have forgotten how to do that.

One thing I would like to do is have my default display come up with all the info, like it does if you push the AUDIO knob once after XM is loaded and running. In that mode, I can see channel number and name, artist name, and track title. I can find no way to make that the default display and perhaps someone here will have found a way to do this.

Also, don't expect to get all 16 characters that XM transmits in each line. The Clarion/Nissan XM receiver will only output the first 10 characters even thought the orange display and NAV display on the Murano is capable of 16 or more characters on each line.

I hope this is helpful..

Richard

·
5,100 Posts
Allen, I called you and left a detailed message. GripperDon :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the phone call Grip!!!

... but alas, it still ain't doing what I think it should be capable of doing:

When you press the SAT Button, .... you see something like....

XM CH 23

And the music starts playing .... nice .....
Now, IF you press the audio button once, ... you'll see ...

XM CH 23
THE HEART
ALICIA KEYS
IF I DIDN'T

which shows the Channel Number, Channel Name, Artist, and Song Title "all at once" ... this is what I want the display to show all the time when I'm in SAT mode, ... just like my SAT Radio I have in my garage. (By pressing the AUDIO button once, I can get all the info on the screen, .. but while displaying this info ... like this, .. you cannot change the SAT channel, to listen to a different station.)

Now, If I press the Audio button repeatedly, ... I'll cycle thru BASS, TREBLE, etc ... until I come to DISPLAY MODE, .... then I can turn the audio button and select CHANNEL NAME, ARTIST, TITLE, .... but only "one at a time" ... not all at once.

It seems to me that the "only" acceptable DISPLAY MODE, ... is where ALL the information is displayed at once on the screen, ... and that was my original question, .... is there any way to do this?
If anyone knows how to do this, please make a post.

thanks for trying!
Allen

·
5,100 Posts
I agree I have a after market SAT playing thru the radio via a AUX in adapter the XM unit is a Roady 2 by Delphi and that screen shows it all. You can see my installation picture under Ipod final mounting tread. Grip :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
[
... but alas, it still ain't doing what I think it should be capable of doing:

When you press the SAT Button, .... you see something like....

XM CH 23

And the music starts playing .... nice .....
Now, IF you press the audio button once, ... you'll see ...

XM CH 23
THE HEART
ALICIA KEYS
IF I DIDN'T

which shows the Channel Number, Channel Name, Artist, and Song Title "all at once" ... this is what I want the display to show all the time when I'm in SAT mode, ... just like my SAT Radio I have in my garage. (By pressing the AUDIO button once, I can get all the info on the screen, .. but while displaying this info ... like this, .. you cannot change the SAT channel, to listen to a different station.)

Now, If I press the Audio button repeatedly, ... I'll cycle thru BASS, TREBLE, etc ... until I come to DISPLAY MODE, .... then I can turn the audio button and select CHANNEL NAME, ARTIST, TITLE, .... but only "one at a time" ... not all at once.

It seems to me that the "only" acceptable DISPLAY MODE, ... is where ALL the information is displayed at once on the screen, ... and that was my original question, .... is there any way to do this?
If anyone knows how to do this, please make a post.

thanks for trying!
Allen [/B][/QUOTE]

See my post above. You can change the channel without changing the display mode by using the TUNE button on the left side of the radio.

I also would like my display to default to showing all the info, not just one line. I can make it default to my choice of one line with either the channel number, channel name, song title, artist name, but not all at once like the display shows when the Audio knob is pressed in once. Sure would be nice if someone figured out how to do that and post it here!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts