Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interested in the sat radio feature but I have never seen one or heard one and am making the following assumptions. the 04 murano is prewired and installation is a hidden box (tuner) and an antenna. Once installed, I subscribe to XM or Sirius. The unit is operated by pushing the sat button on the original radio and every thing is controlled with the original knob/buttons of the original radio. All info will be on the screen of the info center. Is this correct?

Living in Canada, I cannot subscribe to either service even though they work fine up here. Install and acquisition of a sat unit is next to impossible because nobody knows what I'm talking about. My brother lives conveniently in NH and I would like to know if I am better off setting up an appointment at a NH Nissan dealership and have them install it or go to a automotive radio shop and have them do it or just order the parts and do it my self? I'm kind of leaning toward doing it myself but what do I buy and where do I buy it?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Your assumptions are correct.

Try using the search function on this site.

There are literally hundreds of posts and discussions about this topic. It is really easy if you are prewired. A little more difficult if your not prewired.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for confirming my assumptions. I did read the hundreds of posts regarding sat but the problem lies in the hundreds, and conflicting or unclear posts leads to making assumptions which I wanted confirmed. I have only seen availability for a unit with reference to Grubbs. I assume they are not the only source in the entire US. I have not seen anything regarding dealer or audio shop install/purchase. Not that there is anything wrong with the recommended source but since I will be going to NH to do the install, I would prefer to buy it locally in a shop where any issues I may have could be addressed immediately, in person, at the counter. I will not have the option of waiting for days in the case of a defective unit.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Grubbs is not the only place to buy a Sat tuner, no, but it is a good start. They were nice enough to help us Murano owners out when we couldn't get ANYWHERE with Nissan or local dealers.

I'm not sure of where else to grab the tuner, but I think other Infiniti dealerships are coming around and offering them to us. Could be other outlets, too. Personally, I'd go with Grubbs and save the hassle :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an 04 MO and purchased my tuner at my local infiniti dealership. the 04's are prewired.

·
Registered
719 Posts
One of the key reasons to use Grubbs is that they will take back/exchange any defective parts. Most Infiniti dealers clearly state no returns or exchanges on electrical parts.

There have been a few SAT receivers that had problems and Grubbs handled their exchange without any problems.

Grubbs price has also been well below my local dealer (although their shipping charges kind of eat that savings up).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Snowride

PM jaak about this. He seems to know a lot about this AND he's just outside Toronto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts