Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 SL w/ Touring, and i've searched this forum, and i've searched my Mo up and down, and i cannot find the sat harness. I have the understanding that she is prewired, but i'm lost. Any help or pictures would be great!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2005 SE so it has the Bose system but the satellite plug was behind the back seat down in the well where the Bose amp is located. If you are in the luggage area behind the back seat lift up the flap that goes from the floor to the back of the back seat. There is a sort of rubberized flap called a mask that hangs down and you'll probably have to lift it to see what's down in the well. The Bose amp will be on your right and the satellite plug is taped to the harness about 6-8" to the left of that. It's a fairly large white plug with probably about 12 wires if I remember correctly.

Hope that helps, your 04 should have it and I believe even if it doesn't have Bose.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My '04 does have bose, so i'll take a look.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Enforcer according to the picture in that thread it looks like the plug/harness is on the left side behind the left rear seat and pointing towards the rear of the vehicle. On my 05 it was taped to the harness running across behind the rear seats and about 6-8" to the right of the Bose amp. Looks like they put it in different places.

I wonder how hard it would be to get that tuner mounting bracket that's shown in one of the pictures. Are those pictures from an 06 SM? I'd like to get one to mount a second amp on the left side as I'm going to use the Bose amp bracket for an Alpine amp on the right.

On a different topic I've taken out the Bose "sub-woofer" and since I have the full sized spare tire I made a baffle out of 1/2" MDF to fit inside the wheel. I used a piece of concrete forming tube, I think it's called "sona" tube and cut another piece of MDF to fit the bottom. The whole thing fits into the wheel and is about 3/4" below the floor piece that lifts up to show the spare. (whatever it's called, it's still the floor) According to my calculations it's about 0.55 cubic feet. It's not really sealed because the sona tube is just a 1/4" sort of high density cardboard. There is a Kicker 8" CVR dual voice coil 2 ohm sub running off an Alpine MRP-220 something amp that puts out 70wpc into 2 ohms. I have another Alpine MRP-F250 that's around 40wpc x 4 for the door speakers and they are Infinity 6012ci 6.5" two ways. I bought the PAC OEM-1, ADD-NIS2 harness and the ADD-RCA harness but haven't installed anything yet.

I finished the sub enclosure today and the amps are waiting to be installed next weekend. They should both fit, one down where the Boise amp is on the right and the other where the sat tuner is on the left. The cross support that runs from left to right behind the backseat and over the Bose amp has a sort of "C"-shaped support in the middle that I'm hoping is wide enough that I can stuff the sat tuner in under there. The sat harness is none too long so I don't think I can move the tuner very far and I don't want to mount it on or under the amp.

I'm eager to hear if this sub is going to do anything in a semi-sealed enclosure. I'm not after huge amounts of thumping boomy bass, I just want to fill in the bottom octave without the muddy Bose sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts