Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 40 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jakk, I just got a third copy of your email, I sent a reply to the first copy Sunday afternoon, you ISPs mail server is really freaking out or somthing.

-Tim

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah, well, like most Cable companies, they're idiots...

I think the power outage probably scrambled some computer brains too... UPS is great, if you set it up to shut down the server in an orderly manner. I doubt they did!

I dont' know for sure, but I suspect the core radio is the same for a Bose or Non-Bose.... Nissan and Clarion are both in the business to make money, so it wouldn't be sensible to design a completely different radio.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea, I figured, I just had a little brain panic for a sec. :) I thought "Ya know, everyone is talking about the Bose unit, but, they have to be the same head units, just one is minus a tape deck..."

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Traditionally Bose was known for their speakers... Anyway, you can use the Bose name if you claim it was Bose designed, the configuration and selection of speakers, etc. They don't have to build a thing. So it's all marketing. And of course Nissan will use Clarion, as they used to be a majority shareholder. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jaak, I sent you an email on Sunday night. When you get it, just reply to me via PM here on the boards.

-Tim

·
Registered
419 Posts
2004 MO with XM??

I just picked up my 04 MO last week. It is prewired for the XM radio. I found the white harness near the bose amp in the back. Is that the only harness I will need? IE will that power the tuner and connect it to the headunit? If so does anybody know if I just order the tuner for GRUBBS?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Do you need a power cable?

No, tuner and antenna is all you will need. It is a "kit" they sell. The one (white) plug carries everything needed, including power. That's all you need. As long as you have the pre-wire. Even if you didn't have the prewire, the harness is a single cable that you just have to run from the back of the head unit. Still not a big deal...

Don't forget to take a look at SAT reciever (ant.) placement options. I did the "hidden" method behind the access panel for the 3rd brake lamp. I don't have that ugly computer mouse (with tail) attached to my roof anymore. Argh!

One other thing, You can have XM or Sirius sat radio, I had XM first in my Mercedes, and now have Sirius. Personally I like Sirius better. Sirius has the capability of a "wider" sound bandwidth, so they are capible of coding the music with better sound quality (higher highs/lower lows). Plus Sirius has no commercials. Just do your homework and decide which is best for you.

You'll have fun with it! Good luck!

Matthew

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: 2004 MO with XM??

milgrad said:
I just picked up my 04 MO last week. It is prewired for the XM radio. I found the white harness near the bose amp in the back. Is that the only harness I will need? IE will that power the tuner and connect it to the headunit? If so does anybody know if I just order the tuner for GRUBBS?
I was able to pick up an XM tuner from my local Infiniti dealer. Unfortunately, hd didn't have the pre-wire harness I needed for my '03.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How much did you pay for the Tuner?

·
Registered
51 Posts
edited for price

milgrad said:
How much did you pay for the Tuner?
I paid about $320.00
I had to order the pre-wire harness from Grubbs. It seems like they are now selling the harness only as part of a kit which includes the tuner for $295.00. I hope I don't have a problem with my order.:confused:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I check with a few local Nissan and Infiniti dealers and they wanted $360.00 for just the Tuner.....I called GRUBBS and they said I had to order the entire kit...harness and antenna....I am going to wait until tomorrow and talk with Carvey....Hopefully he can help me out..

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Any of the kits will do, they're all the same except some have a short cable to connect to the harness if needed in that particular model. Mine was an FX kit (First one to try this) and it gave me everything except the harness, plus a short extension to connect to the existing FX harness.

I'm sure Grubbs will sell you a kit without the harness, which will save a few bucks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks...I Hope so....I think the kit from GRUBBS is 295 which includes everything...hopefully they can take the harness out...If it it is still not a bad deal to have OEM XM radio....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just confirmed that they sent out the harness to me last week. It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
XM

Just installed my XM SAT in my M-O last night. Thanks to JAAK and friends it was a piece of Cake. When I purchased my M-O last February I could not figure out why everyone was upset about SAT button not working on the radio. I could care less about it. Thats becasue I never expirienced it. I cannot believe Nissan did not jump on the SAT bandwagon. Purchsed Equiptment from Grubbs and took 5 business days to get here. The kit had lot of extra installation accessories that proved very helpful. I activated the tuner today and it works great. Now all I have to do is play with the display (Non Nav) to show what I want it to show. Sounds great!!! I dont know why I would need any CD's now. My next project is my Nieghbors 2004 Maxima with the BIG A$$ sticker on the dashboard stating the car doesnt come with SAT nor will it ever be SAT compatiable. He is going to purchase everything through Grubbs and that will be my next project.

Sincerely,

Chicagonissandriver

21 - 40 of 390 Posts