Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took MO to my dealership last night for a 24 K check up, Oil change, Tire Rotation etc... After the service was done I had the chance to sit in the one 06 SL AWD they had on the lot (this is the canadian version) It had a sunroof and cloth interior. The exterior seemed to be decked out with chrome everywhere and it looked stunning. I was able to sit in it and start it up (night time) and the first thing i noticed which differed from my SL AWD was the colour screen starting up, and the beautiful display colours on the speedometre and tach. Putting it into reverse brought up the reverse camera which was most impressive. Overall...not TOO many changes, but the changes are key changes that make me wanna turn my lease in early!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, maybe I shouldn't say "EVERYWHERE" but, it did look like it has a substantial bit more shiny stuff then mine has. My dealer mentioned alot of it was brushed aluminum as well.

·
4,601 Posts
My lease won't be up until the '07's are out, but even then, I'll be faced with the problem of "what colour" since the copper's gone.

Hmmm...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Maybe it will come back!

G.

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah... Wouldn't that be nice. I have to admit the thought passed through my brain, but I'm not optimistic about it.

I was hoping the red would look better, but it doesn't look right to me on the Murano.

·
4,601 Posts
Ahh, you'd smile Grip. I had to go look at the Nissan web site and see them.

Since I've had the charcoal interior for a while, I'd want a change. So this cuts a number of the colours immediately.

I think I would pick the Merlot. But I do love the Platinum and I'm curious what the Sunset Beige looks like in person and I've always liked the silver or what they call "Airstream". This is off www.nissan.ca so I haven't checked the names on the US site.

But going back to the change in interior, I think the Merlot or Blue would do it.

Hmmm... The OEM mats are charcoal. Decisions, decisions. Oh well, don't have to worry about it until this time next year!

But no more.... Sniff sniff... (And it was even the colour they did all the promotions with!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm with you, Jaak. I am so glad we were able to find one of the last remaining copper/cabs last summer and did not hang on the assertion from our dealer that copper would be back in the 06s.

Maybe something new and cool will come out in 07. I am not crazy about the red one myself.

·
4,601 Posts
Hmm... Just noticed the pictures all have the aluminum coloured roof racks.

Like the black better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think some of the packages have black roof rails and others have the brushed alum. The two sitting on the local dealer lot here both have black.

Addendum: just checked nissanusa. The "convenience package" has black. In the other packages the SL's are black and the SE's are aluminum.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think the dark rails look better on light Muranos and aluminum rails look good on dark Muranos (if only for contrast purposes). Not a fan of the new chrome they put everywhere. Usually a "sporty" vehicle (as the Murano is, compared with other crossovers) has blackout trim instead of chrome.

·
Registered
470 Posts
A little chrome can be nice. I like the chrome rocker panel trim and the interior door handles. I always thought the plastic interior door handle pullls looked cheap. The new dashboard lighting looks good based on the photos. I don't believe our dealers have the 2006 models on the lot yet. Last year the dealers got the 2005 models around the end of November.

·
4,601 Posts
I think it all depends on the colour and the look you want.

It's a good thing they killed the copper, because it would look silly with the extra chrome/aluminum.

Yet, other colours will have more impact with it. The best part? If you don't like it, go buy some older Murano parts to swap with. If you do like it, and you have an '05, yet something else to "upgrade".

Get enough people both ways and you can arrange swaps....

·
Registered
470 Posts
jaak said:
[ If you do like it, and you have an '05, yet something else to "upgrade".

Get enough people both ways and you can arrange swaps.... [/B]
Jack

You have a Copper and I have a Platinum. Maybe we could swap doors, then we could look like a Honda Element!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
:2:

HuskyFan said:

Jack

You have a Copper and I have a Platinum. Maybe we could swap doors, then we could look like a Honda Element!

·
4,601 Posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Yechhh YYYEEEECCCHHH.... You are one twisted, sick, person!!!

Phew, glad to know I'm not the only one.

If it didn't give me shivers like a kid in a horror movie, I'd find it funny.

Actually, it's hilarious! LMAO!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i check out a black sl 06(cdn version) a couple days ago and the biggest thing i liked about it is the new armrest and gauge cluster. i like the chrome door handles too. i think they're metal so they won't run the risk of breaking off like the plastic ones(plastics ones seem feeble always afraid when opening the door) also noticed that they changed some interior plastic trim pieces to the more textured look(like the rubbery handles on the doors) i didn't like the new sl wheels and i'm still not to fond of the se wheels.

jaak, those pictures of the mo's that you put up all have the aluminum roof rails because there are all se models. the SL's have the black roof rails.

·
4,601 Posts
nissanlove said:
jaak, those pictures of the mo's that you put up all have the aluminum roof rails because there are all se models. the SL's have the black roof rails.

Ahh.... OK.

The chrome door handles is not a new trick for Nissan. I've seen them do that before when a body style is midlife. So it's an intentional planned change, just like changing the heater controls.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
big dongers, notice how in the below picture the armrest is cut in half now. it is accessible from both the driver and passenger sides, rather then the previously driver oriented design.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts