Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does work in Canada as we speak but you cannot legally subscribe unless you are living in the states. Kinda like when dss first came out and I purchased a unit and had my brother subscribe (who lives in the states) This will now make it legal as opposed to grey market. It will also offer some news channels for the Canadians.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
"It will also offer some news channels for the Canadians"

Does this mean that the announcers will speak in Canadian?

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
hfelknor said:
"It will also offer some news channels for the Canadians"

Does this mean that the announcers will speak in Canadian?

Homer
Yeah, they have a translator who does a voice over when an American says Huh! and puts in an Eh! Also, they do a voice over for ZEE to say ZED. Also when an American says Canadian Bacon, they voice over with Back Bacon, because we don't know what Canadian Bacon is...

:D

Just read the article, and I have to laugh, because Sirius is doing what XM already did months ago. So now they've both submitted applications to provide service.

All they have to do to make it work, is to add a few Canadian stations to keep the Canadian Radio & Television Commission (CRTC) happy with Canadian Content and then when you subscribe, you'll get a slightly different channel selection.

Local terrestrial DAB service providers may decide to fight the applications and claim that it would impair their ability to make the DAB service successful. While DAB coverage sucks, it's possible this could be enough of a problem to block both XM and Sirius from succeeding.

I hope at least XM wins, as I don't want to buy another receiver!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts