Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Grubbs Siruis unit to my 2004 SE. The install was easy as the whole job took about 90 minutes. I plugged the ONE cable into the Sirius unit to the jack next to the two antenna jacks. I noticed that there is another jack on the other side of the unit that I left empty as I didn't see anything to plug in there. I activated the unit and it seems to work well, except my display only reads: SR-147, SR-21, SR-29 etc. No channel name, no artist, no song title, just SR-###.

Did I mess something up? Is there a button I should be hitting? Is there a 2nd bus cable that should have plugged into the Sirius box? I'm sure that this isn't normal and I must be doing something wrong.
Thanks-

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had this same problem when I installed my Sirius receiver back in December. Call Sirius and have them activate the receiver. It should work then.

Here's a more detailed Post that I made in the Audio section of the forum.

Good luck and enjoy!

·
4,601 Posts
You can also go into the radio's menu and set up what you want to display by default. Push in the twisty knob on the right. (Wow, jaak, that was an elegant description!) Keep pushing and you'll see a section that allows you select the channel number, channel name, artist or song title. If I recall correctly.

The jack on the other side is not used on the Murano. If the parts were stuffed into the radio, then that jack allows you to connect another harness that leads to the outboard CD changer that some vehicles have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jaak. Yes, after messing around with it, I found that when I push the tuning knob it allows me to set what I want to see in the display. Chan name, Artist, OR song title. Unfortunately it does not allow me to set it up as a scroll.

So now when I change channels the display reads SR-029 for one second, then it says Blues. For it to display artist and song title I have to press the tune button on the radio. I was hoping that it would display SR-029, then Blues, then scroll artist and title.

I guess that I'm expecting the built in to have the display versatility of a PnP (plug and play) unit.

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, it is what you see.... I agree, it could have been much better!

The bright side, if you had Nav, you'd never be able to push the button and see all three at once. It's one thing only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts