Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've reviewed all the SAT Posts and order hardware for my 03. I just got everything today and will install on Saturday. I've been waiting for a 1.5 years... finally I'm getting SAT.

One question, how does the receiver mount? I've read that some use double sided tape to hold the receiver but I can't believe Nissan doesn't have a better way. Does it screw down with/to anything?

I plan on doing the the hidden antenna approach. I read that some have routed the antenna wire along with the washer fluid line. I was doing to run it along with the wires for the third brake light. But at any rate, how did the connector fit through the fitting near the top of the hatch since the antenna connection has a large plastic connector on it? Do you have to remove the connector or does it fit through without having to remove this connector.

Thanks for all the info... this would not have been possible with out this forum!

·
4,664 Posts
I seem to remember there's a small plastic part that comes out of the connector shell, then the shell comes off. So then you just have the actual metal connector to route, which is much smaller.

The reason it's run through the washer fluid side, is there's more room left in that side.

Nissan never provided a proper bracket for the receiver. When I got mine, there were no instructions, so I took the thick sheet of foam, which has adhesive on both sides and built up to two stacks in long strips, to go on each end of the bottom of the receiver. This is needed to clear the hardware in the area it gets installed. There was also velcro with the kit, so I used that, between the stacks and receiver. Then I stuck the whole thing in where I wanted it.

With the velcro, it's possible to remove the receiver and leave the two foam stacks there, without messing up the adhesive.

Yes, it's an ugly solution. At least it works. I've wondered about getting a second Bose amp shelf and putting it on the left side.

What surprised me, was that Nissan did something almost identical when they released the installation instructions. (You do have those, don't you? If not, you can find them on the web, or I can email them to you.)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I have the PDF... The receiver has two mounting brackets but I guess they are not used for the MO. Too bad because if you could the install would be neater and you wouldn't need the grounding cable.

I'm not sure if I will install the ant internal or external. The new low profile doen's look so bad and it might help receiption slightly. I'll see how it goes on Saturday. I'll take pictures for folks if I come accross anything that hasn't been taken already for the install.

·
4,664 Posts
I've not heard of anyone doing it, but the bose amp is on a bracket, that I suspect will work on the other side as well. If that bracket is orderable from Nissan, that would be one way.

The other would be to make something out of sheet metal if you are so inclined.

The stacked foam tape does have an advantage in that it reduces vibration to the receiver. I don't know that it's a problem, though..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Gonzo said:
OK I've reviewed all the SAT Posts and order hardware for my 03. I just got everything today and will install on Saturday. I've been waiting for a 1.5 years... finally I'm getting SAT.

One question, how does the receiver mount? I've read that some use double sided tape to hold the receiver but I can't believe Nissan doesn't have a better way. Does it screw down with/to anything?

I plan on doing the the hidden antenna approach. I read that some have routed the antenna wire along with the washer fluid line. I was doing to run it along with the wires for the third brake light. But at any rate, how did the connector fit through the fitting near the top of the hatch since the antenna connection has a large plastic connector on it? Do you have to remove the connector or does it fit through without having to remove this connector.

Thanks for all the info... this would not have been possible with out this forum!

Hi

You can use the mounting ears and mount it to the cross bar it is very easy.The cross bars are over the amp and is held in with 4 bolts..I mounted my 2 audio amps under their.Nice and neat

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks but I didn't read your rear mount setup in time. I completed installation on Saturday. I went with the stacked tape Nissan approach.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my sat unit, but there where no install instructions in the box! Can somenone post a like to the pdf? I have been looking for it, but no luck finding it.

Thanks,
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts