Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say what a great resource this forum is and to thank all the contributors on the Sat radio issue - especially Jaak!

I am located in Edmonton, Alberta. When I purchased my Mo I received assurances from the salesman that the radio was sat compatible - after all it had a Sat button!.

After taking delivery of the MO I saw the disclaimer in the manual and was told by my dealer's parts department that there was no way to modify the vehicle's harness to accomodate Sat radio. Complaints to Nissan Canada fell on deaf ears - they simply took the position that receiving XM or Sirius Sat radio in Canada was illegal, so I had nothing to complain about.

Then I found this site and saw the threads on Sat radio and the availability of a harness to connect the OEM receiver to my head unit. Even with this information my local Nissan and Infiniti dealerships were unable to assist.

I finally ordered the harness and receiver from Grubbs and had it installed this last week. I provided the installer with the Nissan instructions and printouts of the information on this and on Jaak's site - he was quite impressed with the amount of information available. I activated a Sirius account with no problems and I am up and running. Based upon information on this forum I elected to forgo the hidden antenae option, given that I am so far north and the angle to the Sat would be relatively shallow. So far so good - I am very happy with the quality of the sound and the wide range of music available.

Once again, thanks to all who have contributed to the collected wealth of information on the Sat issue.

Cheers
NissanFan

·
4,601 Posts
Awww... Gee.... I'm blushing...

You're very welcome! Stick around and have fun with us!:jump3:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts