Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work the other day listening to the sat radio when all of a sudden it cut out - no sound, no sat info on the display. I could still get regular radio and the cd player, but when I would press the sat button it would read "no sat".

I have Sirius and did the install myself about 9 months ago without ever having any problems. I called Sirius to see if my account was ok and they said everything was fine.

First thing I tried was just to "reboot" the car, but I still didn't get anything on the sat. Since I was getting a "no sat" mesage instead of the familiar " acquiring", I figured the signal must not be getting to the head unit. I checked all the connections on the sat receiver in the back and everything was fine. Although the receiver was very hot - almost too hot to touch. Is this normal?

Then I squeezed my hand behind the head unit up front and did the technical "wire jiggle" since I did not want to have to remove the head unit. When I tried the sat radio again, it worked this time. I did notice that all my sat radio presets were erased.

This morning, going to work, I had no problems. Has anyone else out there had a similar problem???? The connectors on the wiring harness snapped into place so I wouldn't think it would be a loose wire? Could something have overheated?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had the same problem, and JAAK helped me with it :)

I just disconnected the harness for 10 minutes and plugged it back in and it has been fine since.

It might be some changes that Sirius is doing to their sats :(

·
4,664 Posts
If Sirius sent out some code that caused the unit to hang, the only way to do a cold boot is to unplug the unit. Even when it's turned off, the Murano powers the unit so you don't lose stored data (such as SAT presets which are stored in the unit, then sent to the Murano's radio when it's turned on), so unplugging it for a few minutes to let the memory get wiped, will force a cold boot. I suppose it's even possible it might have to wait for your Radio ID to be validated again, but I'm not sure on that.

If it does it numerous times, I'd consider a warranty claim. Check your antenna wire first, however, to ensure it's not kinked, severely bent or crushed. This will cause a marginal signal condition if bad enough.

If it never does it again, don't worry about it. It must have been a Sirius problem. (There's a joke in there, but all leave it alone...);)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts