Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Nissan is limiting the pre-wire harness for the G35/etc, can we still get it for our Muranos? I noticed Grubbs wants a VIN number to even process an order. Does that mean it has to be an Infiniti VIN only?

Is this to stop Murano owners or to stop people from buying 10 and reselling them?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think someone at Nissan got pissed off that Murano owners are smarter than their installation techs and doing SAT installs on their own. I don't see what they care because if you did have a SAT issue in a Murano then they wouldn't cover it.

The other issue could be that Grubbs was sending a lot of the XM units that locked up with the Murano back to Nissan under warranty, Nissan found out what was going on, and slammed the door shut for any further sales of the harness to Murano owners.

Either way the whole SAT issue makes Nissan look like an ass.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe Nissan will offer the harness and cables when they start offering SAT from the factory, since they'll be making the parts anyway.

Or that'll be a pipe dream, because apparently Nissan is against us 2003 Murano owners wanting SAT.

·
4,664 Posts
Has Grubbs truly stopped shipping them? If so, I'll have to get the SAT harness production wheels in motion again. The last time I did that, Nissan released the harness.

Hmmm... I'll have to send some emails....:22:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I talked to Nissan Consumer Affairs/Marketing. The guy I talked too was knowlegable on the SAT issue and new about the pre-wire not in the 03 models. I then told him that the G35 cable worked and many Murano owners were installing SAT sucessfully with the cable, and than Nissan is now requiring a G35 VIN to purchase the cables. I then asked him if Nissan is planning to release a pre-wire cable for the 03 Murano and he responded that Nissan will be releasing a SAT solution for the 03 owners, but did not know what that would be or how soon, just that they want to make the 03 owners happy because they have received a lot of complaints.

Hey Nissan, here is an idea, since you know the G35 cable works, just make more of them. That would be the quickest easiest solution for the 03.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nissan is probably being *****y about Infiniti parts being used in a Nissan product. Those parts would be the G35's harness/cable and the FX35 receiver. They will probably release Nissan-branded parts once the pre-wired 2004 MO's get on the road, or soon thereafter.

The only change will probably be a part number. Go fig.

·
4,664 Posts
Nissan's not the only one who makes a harness that works with the SAT receiver. But they don't want to sell it without their product, so that kind of stinks.

I have a harness that is not OEM Nissan but fits perfectly and has identical connectors.

So it doesn't really matter if Nissan stops selling the cables. They can be sourced other ways.

(I'd have a Nissan harness, but they didn't release them until a week after I proved SAT worked in the Murano...)

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, Carvey's a great guy and gives excellant service. I found the purchase of the receiver for my "FX35" very pleasurable...

(At the time it wasn't known that it worked in the Murano...;) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts