Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured out how to ge the Sat to work on 03 murano without the pre wiring, the dealer did not even relize it... Because the car was not factory wired, the service manual reads that you cant use the factory sat feature. But you can with a harness for a 6-disc trunk changer and the SAT tuner for a Murano. The cd changer cord plugs in the back of the murano radio and the tuner unit and it functions perfectly.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, you found the golden goose :)

The CD changer/ SAT cable is the same thing. If you can get that cable run from your radio to the back of the vehicle, you're in business. The problem was that Nissan would not acknowledge that this worked! They said that 2003 Muranos could not have SAT, even with the cable. Which was a lie.

Most people are using an Infiniti G35 satellite radio pre-wire cable. You're using a CD changer cable. Same difference, and you got SAT. Nice job :)

Another SAT success story...

·
Registered
9 Posts
SAT radio....CD changer

Is there anyone that has that part number for CD changer harness? My dealer is clueless about it.....

·
4,664 Posts
The USA-SPEC CD changer cable for newer Nissans also works... Sourcing the cable's a pain in the rear, which is why most people just get it from Grubbs www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com or their local dealer...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sat radio

So tell me again…when you say it works perfectly…the display and everything works? During the purchasing process the dealer claimed ignorance re the sat radio. I found out later that I didn’t have what I thought I had. The word sat on the radio controls should have meant something. I have had XM sat radio for 1 ½ years in other cars and expected to have it on my new Murano. I have had to rig it up with a unit that works through the cassett player. The screen is too small to see but other than that the sound is great.
From what you have said I can buy the receiver, antennae, and a cable and plug it in? The information will show up on the nav screen? This sounds too good to be true. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: Sat radio

glasse said:
From what you have said I can buy the receiver, antennae, and a cable and plug it in? The information will show up on the nav screen? This sounds too good to be true. Wish me luck.
You need to purchase the XM or Sirius tuner (the antenna comes with it) and, if you have an '03 Murano, the wiring harness. In the '04, the wiring harness is pre-installed. Just connect the tuner to the harness, and you've got SAT controlled by the head unit, with channel/song/artist information showing up on the NAV screen (one at a time, pushing the tuner knob to switch from channel to artist to title). It's pretty cool! :cool:

Jeff

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah it works... I proved it in June.

Here's the very first picture anyone ever saw of SAT working in the Murano. (Outside of Nissan employees...)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Sat radio

You need to purchase the XM or Sirius tuner (the antenna comes with it) and, if you have an '03 Murano, the wiring harness. In the '04, the wiring harness is pre-installed. Just connect the tuner to the harness, and you've got SAT controlled by the head unit, with channel/song/artist information showing up on the NAV screen (one at a time, pushing the tuner knob to switch from channel to artist to title). It's pretty cool! :cool:

Jeff
Hey Jeff, I know it’s been awhile but do you have any info on the parts I would need to do the install. Like the receiver and the antenna numbers and where to buy?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts