Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have had my MO for a few months and absolutely love it. Way better then my Touareg.

Now I am trying to put a usable DVD system in the car and want to add Sat Radio....the only 2 options I did not get.

The sales person at the dealership told me the MO was prewired for Sat Radio, and that it could use either Sirius or XM. So what do I need to do to make the SAT button on my radio work. I think she said that I just need to add an antenna and service and it will be ready to go through my regular stero. Does this sound right to anyone else? Has anyone done this? If I am mistaken please help me clear it up.

Also has anyone added either a flip down DVD or a Headrest DVD system to the MO? What did you use and how does it look/work.

Thanks for the help
Kevin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all of this info seems to relate to models before 05. The reason I am asking is becuase I was told by the dealer on the 05 that it was completely pre-wired for Sat Radio.

Is this not true?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Contact jaak......he has all the latest info on SAT radio.

If jaak doest have answer than I doubt anyone else would have anwer including dealer.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pre-wired just means the harness exists between the radio and the intended location of the satellite receiver in the left rear of the cargo compartment. You'll need to purchase the receiver of your choice, plus an antenna. Then you'll be good to go.

See Grubbs Performance Parts for the receiver. They have great service!

ogden10 said:
all of this info seems to relate to models before 05. The reason I am asking is becuase I was told by the dealer on the 05 that it was completely pre-wired for Sat Radio.

Is this not true?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dale,
Sorry if this is a stupid question but by the reciever do you mean the actual display that shows the channel ect? I do not want to have any additional components instead I want it to go through the factory stero.

OR do you mean just the equipment that recieves the signal and sends it to the Bose stero?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I could just see a picture of it on thier website and that would answer the question. I am pretty sure that it is just the hardware. Is the installation pretty much plug and play (or more like plug and pray).

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is a SAT radio module that you plug into pre existing harness. Hook up included antenna to SAT module and install the antenna on the roof at rear end about one foot from the hatch opening. Thats it....

All of the information is diplayed on screen that is installed on dash on top of radio. You control everything from Bose stero (there is a button for SAT)

Here is all the information you need. This info was posted by jaak on another forum so all Credit goes to him I'm just cutting and pasting this here:

Here's a couple of links for SAT install information:

Murano:
http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/

http://muranosat.avapl.org/

G35:
http://www.smiley.net/g35/satradio.htm

EDIT 23 FEB 2005

Part number quick reference. Please see the link to my website in the signature. Go to the table of part numbers for reference to both old and new part numbers and non-Murano OEM sat. Feedback for updates is appreciated. PM me or email me jaak.

·
4,601 Posts
You guys are well trained! I slip out for a bit and BAM a flood of info!

ALL Muranos are identical for SAT. The 2003 did not have the harness installed, that's the only difference.

Nissan & Infiniti all use the same receivers, one for XM, one for Sirius. Antennas vary, and some models need a jumper harness, but for any Murano 2004 and later, you need the receiver and the antenna, that's it.

If you go to my web site, just ignore the harness install part...

And like the man said, ask all the questions you like. There's also a sticky thread in the Audio section of the forum.

I think the coolest install, is hiding the antenna in the back door, as there is absolutely no indication of SAT radio anywhere, except for one button on the dash. No extras hanging out, makes for a clean install.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just love that hidden antenna.

The parts guy at the dealership still likes to ask me how I like the satellite radio, point the MO out to anybody standing around, then ask me to kindly go out and prove to them that I really, truly do have the SAT hooked up and operational.

He also likes to correct anybody who follows the company line that you can't put SAT in a 2003.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts