Nissan Murano Forum banner

SAT Receiver location

31K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  daboybk 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
so i'm not crazy, the o5 mo's didn't come prewired with sat either, well at least mine didn't thanks alot enforcer.

#3 ·
nissanlove said:
so i'm not crazy, the o5 mo's didn't come prewired with sat either, well at least mine didn't thanks alot enforcer.
The '05 Murano Selection Guide brochure has a note in the Features section that indicates a satellite receiver can only be installed on MOs that were factory-wired for satellite. So it looks like some were factory wired.

-njjoe

#4 ·
nissanlove said:
Sure it did.
The key here is the term.
Your MO is preWIRED.
You have to buy the tuner, mounting bracket and Antenna, but the wiring for the tuner is already there.

Just because they didn't put a picture in the SM doesn't mean that your MO doesn't have it.
ALL 2004, 2005 and 2006 MOs come prewired.

Homer

#5 ·
so were do i find the wires, i've scowered the rear removing the sfull size spare each time and there is no unconnected wire to be found

is it strapped up against something??

#10 ·
yep now i defenitaly know i don't have sat pre wire

did i get jyped or do or cdn murano owners not have sat pre qire either??

#11 ·
My 2005 came prewired with the connector exactly where the Enforcer pointed out. Followed JAAKS install instructions and all went well with the install. From my understanding, even the 2004's came pre wired. I know when I went to my Dealer, he denyed any knowledge of the pre wiring nor could the order the OEM receiver in. Got mine through Grubs

#12 ·
SAT location

I just bought an 05 and took the pictures Enforcer posted and looked in the car. I did not find anything on the drivers side but did find a 16 pin connector next to the Bose Amp on the passenger side. It was not taped, just laying there. My confusion stems from what is priinted on the original window sticker from 2005. It says it is pre-wired for a DVD Entertainment system but says nothing about being pre-wired for SAT. Still, stickers can be wrong so I wanted to post this for some clarification. If pictures would help, let me know and I will post them.

#13 ·
is it or isnt it ?

so my 04 seems to be prewired, or at least i think it is, my issue is, the only thing i see is a wire where the bose amp should be ( i obviously dont have bose) but nothing on the other side ( drivers side rear) so is mine pre wired or isint it ?
thanks in advnace...

#15 ·
Sirius took over XM, so the satellite company we now deal with is SiriusXM. You can get a monthly or yearly subscription, and possibly others as well. But, I'm pretty sure you can't get a lifetime sub for a car radio. I have a lifetime for my portable that - even at $499 5 1/2 years ago - paid for itself in a little over 3 years.

Once you get used to satellite radio, you'll never go back to terrestrial (or, as we call it, testicular) radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.