Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sirius - Hardware has been replaced

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so my birthday is coming up and I've been approved by my wife to get SAT installed into my 03. I understanding that I will have to install the harness myself.

I have two questions, one is for the poll.

1. Which service do you have and how satisfied have you been with the hardware reliability using OEM reciever?

2. I understand that a spliter is needed, asside from the roof antenna what else connects to the spliter?

Thanks for your input.

·
4,664 Posts
Hey Gonzo, you may want to look at this thread OEM Sat Radio, Does Yours Lock Up?

I have XM and the reliability has been fine. I've experienced maybe 4-5 lockups since June 2003, so I would consider it a very minor annoyance. I don't remember when the last one was, so it's been quite a while. One time I though I had a lock up, but it came around after about 4 minutes. Newer versions will reset if this occurs, mine's an older one that does not do this. When it locks up, it stays that way until the vehicle is turned off and on again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've had no lock-ups in the 6 months since install (hw from grubbs in an '04, plug and play). I am really happy with sirius, so much so that I went with the 'lifetime' plan ($500). FYI, when it comes time to change receivers, it's a $75 charge.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess its nothing to worry about. I called my dealer to compare prices to Grubbs and at the time they were only $50 more. I'm thinking of getting parts from the dealer just in case it does need to be replaced I would think it is much easier than dealing with Grubbs/internet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts