Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the integrated XM Radio module added to my 2005 Nissan Murano and it does not display the channel name or the song and artist information on the heads up display. It only shows the channel number. Is this right? Did they install it wrong? Is there something I can do to turn on the artist and song name display?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Press the "tune" button once and all the info should appear below the channel number and press "prev" if you want to go back. Need to press tune everytime you restart the engine or go from CD/FM/AM to SAT. Annoying, but i'm used to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pressing Tune did not work. I suspect I need to have the dealership either make sure they have it plugged in right or make sure there isn't some sort of programming they need to do. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
132 Posts
rmarshall said:
I just had the integrated XM Radio module added to my 2005 Nissan Murano and it does not display the channel name or the song and artist information on the heads up display. It only shows the channel number. Is this right? Did they install it wrong? Is there something I can do to turn on the artist and song name display?
Do you get the artist and song name displaying when you play a cd?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went back to the dealership and finally found someone there who knew the answer.

I had to press the Tune dial (not the Tune button that rocks left and right), but I had to press it several times until it got past the Audio settings. Next came the XM radio display settings - go figure. Once a display setting was selected it started working. It is now a matter of pressing Tune once to bring up the song info like was mentioned in the earlier post.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
rmarshall said:
Pressing Tune did not work. I suspect I need to have the dealership either make sure they have it plugged in right or make sure there isn't some sort of programming they need to do. Anyone else have this problem?
:1pat:

I guess technically speaking there is only one "tune" button. But I can see how it would be confusing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, on my radio there are two buttons that say Tune on them, one rocks left or right and the other is a Tune dial that is also an Audio settings button.

I already had an XM account when I bought the car, so I stuck with it. I love having XM. I've had it for a year and a half now. I have had no experience with Sirius, but I suspect it is comparable.

·
4,601 Posts
I had to go to Sirius with my Magnum, and now I prefer it. I find the music selection is better for what I want to hear.

Don't know if it's the receiver however, but the sound quality doesn't seem quite as good. Much more compressed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had XM for over a year, but switched to Sirius last November because I was totally sick of XM's music channels.

Have to agree with jaak in that XM did seem to have a bit better sound quality.

I just put the Sirius tuner in my Murano yesterday - I'm absolutely loving not having the sat radio mounted on the dash anymore. The display options leave quite a bit to be desired, but the integration mostly makes up for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts