Nissan Murano Forum banner

Sat

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  MightyMo 
#1 ·
Know anything about the Satelite connection on a 2004?

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks,
I just left circuit city and they don't have a clue how to hook it up. so from the links I assume I must by a receiver and antenna. Then connect to the harness in the rear of the Murano. Any Idea what receiver is best? I've had my Murano for 5 days and love it but I travel and would like to get the SAT working.

#4 ·
You're not going to get the receiver/Murano kit from Circuit City, or anywhere else. Nissan's not dumb. Gotta buy it from them. The install is also a big job.

Had mine done last week. They loaned me a car and I got lost for about four hours, came back - job done. $182/labor. Better them than me with that job.

#5 ·
Circuit City did the install, including the harness (I have a 2003) for $100. It's not rocket science, especially since I printed out Jaak's directions for them :D

#6 ·
You're right - it's not rocket science on the 2003. It's a piece of cake. I installed the Delphi box and the rest of the crap myself in the 2003 on a Saturday afternoon.

The 2004 is a different matter - it goes through the radio - no Delphi box. Nice having the stuff displayed on the center monitor. You can even pre-store the stations in the radio so you don't have to screw with a remote or shuttle through 80 channels to get somewhere like you do on the Delphi.

Read this

http://courtesyparts.com/satellite_radio/MY04 Murano.pdf

I did, and after seeing the "die-grinder portion" - I decided to have the dealer do it.

They also gave me the "next generation" of this kit which is a much smaller antennae (like the one I got with the Delphi) and mounts in the center of the roof -- not off to the left like the instructions tell you to.

- Jim

#7 ·
The directions looks the same as for the 2003. We just went through the washer fluid grommet instead of cutting things, and also mounted the antenna dead center instead of off-set to the driver's side like that.

#9 ·
It's up above on Jaak's signature.

#11 ·
No, Nissan Sirius, purchased from Grubbs Infiniti.

Just because you don't buy something from Circuit City doesn't mean they won't install it for you.

#12 ·
MO, have you had any trouble with your Sirius unit?

I'm considering getting the SAT (In fact I was going to get Grubbs to put it in when I went to Dallas on vacation, but this Open Heart Surgery kinda changed my plans ;) ) and want it to be integrated. That means Nissan and that Means Clarion.
The Clarion XM seems to have a LOT of trouble and that to me is the "tie breaker" between XM and Sirius.......unless of course the Clarion Sirius has problems of it's own.....
I've had at least one vote for the Sirius so far, how do you feel about it?

BTW, I am an unrepentant "Oldies but goodies" listener with songs from the 50s and 60s being at the top of my playlist.
Can't help it.
I am old.

Homer

#13 ·
I certainly haven't had any problems what so ever, but YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.