Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so Canada is way behind the times...

Finally all of us canuckheads will be able to get Satellite radio legitimately in Canada after the CRTC's ruling a few hours ago.

Story at: http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/06/16/Arts/crct-satellite050616.html

I'd be interested in your comments:

1) Will you stick with your grey market service?

2) Will you buy the Canadian version with all the forced on you Canadian and French content?

3) Which provider would you choose and why?

Discuss...

·
4,601 Posts
Wow! That's the fastest I've ever seen the CRTC move. They make Turtles look like photons...

I'll wait to see if CFNY ends up on one of the services and go to it. The problem I have with US based XM is it's truly a US based music base and therefore completely misses a lot of the UK and Canadian artists I like to hear.

Not that it's bad, but it's limited in scope. (Believe it, or not...)

So we'll wait and see who's on who, and then decide.

The CHUM application? Give me a break. Terrestrial based services are pointless, except in urban areas. DAB is a miserable failure so what makes them think a subscriber version of DAB will be any more successful?

Right now, I can see the possibility of going to Sirius, for CBC as well.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
jaak said:

Right now, I can see the possibility of going to Sirius, for CBC as well.

Check out Woot.com.

Today (only) they have a Siruis satellite package.

If your not familiar with WOOT. It's a pretty neat concept, they sell 1 item a day until it's gone. Then at midnight, they offer another item.

I've gotten some terrific deals.

Reading the comment section, there's a rebate on this "woot" so your net cost is $80.

This offer will end no later than midnight 6/17/05, unless it sell out prior.

Good Luck.

·
4,601 Posts
That's cool...

I like the portability of that, but I have to admit, my next sat radio will be another OEM one... I just like the integration. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts