Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my wife a new 2015 Murano. The car now has 36,000 miles on it and I also purchased a 100,000 warranty. The car has been flawless including the sat radio until a few months ago. Now the Sat radio cuts in and out badly. The AM / FM works perfectly. I took it to the dealership and they said they found nothing wrong but it still cuts in and out. I reminded them of the 100,000 mile warranty and something is broke, fix it. They said they couldn't find anything so live with it. Wrong answer!

Has anybody else had this problem? Also, they referred to coverage and obstacles but I told them I have the exact same service in my truck and I don't have a bit of problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I’ve noticed in every Nissan I’ve had (a Rogue Select, 2017 & 2018 Rogue (17 S, 18 SV), and current 2019 Murano SV) seem to cut out easier than any other headunit I’ve had (OEM and aftermarket). Not sure if it’s an antenna issue or what. Noticed it’s even worse on my mom 2019 Buick Enclave. Different car of course but they share the same type of shark fin antenna from what I can tell. Always got the same response from the service advisor. Coverage and obstructions could cause it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my wife a new 2015 Murano. The car now has 36,000 miles on it and I also purchased a 100,000 warranty. The car has been flawless including the sat radio until a few months ago. Now the Sat radio cuts in and out badly. The AM / FM works perfectly. I took it to the dealership and they said they found nothing wrong but it still cuts in and out. I reminded them of the 100,000 mile warranty and something is broke, fix it. They said they couldn't find anything so live with it. Wrong answer!

Has anybody else had this problem? Also, they referred to coverage and obstacles but I told them I have the exact same service in my truck and I don't have a bit of problem.

Thanks
My 2015 Murano Satellite radio started cutting out and when I took it in, figuring it was the antenna, the dealer said they would charge $160 for diagnostics and they would begin by replacing the radio!!! I'm living without it for now and quite disappointed in the dealer response and my otherwise flawless Murano.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts