Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am new to the board and bought my Murano (Sunlit Copper/Blk lthr) just three weeks ago. I noticed a 'SAT' button on the radio (I got the premium sound package). I assume that stands for SAT-ellite radio. Is that part of the stereo system (and requires activation), or is that a dead button? If it is part of the radio, what do I need to do to activate it? If it is a dead button, is there some aftermarket piece of equipment I need to install to interface with the stereo? Thanks!

·
4,664 Posts
The SAT button allows selection of either an XM or Sirius SAT receiver, that Nissan refuses to release. However, the G35 harness and receiver from Infiniti (Nissan) plugs in and turns on. Aftermarket systems will not work through the SAT button.

There's more info in various threads here and you can also see some info at my web page at members.rogers.com/muran0

While Nissan claimed it didn't work, I went out and purchased the parts and proved it does. Since then, I suspect hundreds of them have been installed. Also take a look at www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com and if you have questions about what to buy, contact Carvey there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts