Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a sirius receiver and terk antenna from Grubbs April 1 and finally took delivery of the shipment on April 22. Apparently there are limited supplies of the sirius units. Problem was the required splitter use with single input terk antenna was not included. Called up Grubbs and they said they would ship one out. I have not been able to get a tracking number from them but expect it to be delivered in another week. Four month wait for the Murano, 4 week wait for the sat radio. If this keeps up, I will be to old to install all my toys. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else was not included a splitter in their recent sirius orders.

·
4,601 Posts
It's obviously too late for you, but when ordering the receiver, you don't have to buy the antenna from the dealer. Any antenna designed for Sirius, with the right connections (with the splitter if needed) will work. For example, I see Crutchfield sells a splitter for XM antennas, that would work with the OEM sat, so it gives you a wide selection of antennas to choose from.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been with Sirius for about 6 months, and don't ever see going back. In fact, I just switched from a 2 year plan to lifetime. I'm in the car 3 hours every day, and I also listen while at work. Some of the stations can get repetitive, but with w/ 18 presets at your fingers, you're never too far from a great tune. If I ever need to switch receivers, Sirius 'allows' you to switch @ $75 per change (3 change limit).
Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have an 03 that I'm about to install SAT but I'm on the fence.. XM or Siruis. Not so much about the service selection I think either is fine but more so hardware issues I've read about.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I ordered an XMDirect universal XM tuner, including antenna ($9.95 after rebate). I am now building a home-made cable to connect to my Carputer. With a proper Front End that I am already running on my Carputer, I can control the XM radio a lot better that I could have using the OEM radio.

Oh, those who are getting XM, when calling in to activate, tell them you bought a GM car and the dealer told you about $60 per year subscription. They will probably tell you "that promotion is now for $72.50". With tax and all it should not cost more that $83 for a whole year! :D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Dennis Fink said:
Zebelkhan, Have you tried Internet radio?
No. My bluetooth enabled phone is not working and I have not bought another one. I am looking into getting another one and may even change my service provider soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found out that the invoice that Grubbs include with the shipment of the splitter that they owe me, was for the entire amount of the original order, receiver and antenna. Guess what? UPS wants to charge me $112.00 for duty and taxes again! Why can't things be easier when shopping south of the boarder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts