Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Z51 (Mk2) Murano - it's a UK car with a built in DVD player and satnav.

Checking through the options it appears the map data is for 2012/13, later maps are available, but I'd like to confirm this before I buy a new set.

My question is, where do I find the disc?

I'm assuming the disc isn't ejected after the initial loading as I got an empty envelope for the disc when I bought the car, but I can't get either the radio/CD or the DVD drive to eject the navigation disc.

Am I missing something or is the disc ejected once the data is loaded and I simply haven't been given the latest disc?

These cars are pretty unusual in the UK so I can't just ask another owner.

Thanks in advance. Pete.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The discs are available from your local dealer for about £150 (i'm in the uk too) and cover all of europe. There is no disc purely for uk & ire

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hard to believe there are no used update discs available on ebay or wherever, But so far I haven't found any. Any reason we couldn't get something organized around here?

·
Registered
41 Posts
as i have never updated the sat nav on mine yet tho it is on the cards i would have assumed that there would a licence number etc attached to the disc to stop multiple users using same disc.

If anyone has bought a disc I am sure they could let us know

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are "backup" disks available on an auction site and it seems it should be as simple as "loading" the disc for the map update. My real issue is I don't know where to find the current disc.

There is an envelope for the disc and the satnav works so I'm assuming it's currently loaded I just don't know where.

If it's in the multi disc player then how do I get it out or if the drive for the satnav is elsewhere then where is it?

Once I can get the disc out I can confirm if it's the last version available, I'm happy to chance £9 on a "backup" disc and try loading it.

·
Registered
Muran 2010
2 Posts
There are "backup" disks available on an auction site and it seems it should be as simple as "loading" the disc for the map update. My real issue is I don't know where to find the current disc.

There is an envelope for the disc and the satnav works so I'm assuming it's currently loaded I just don't know where.

If it's in the multi disc player then how do I get it out or if the drive for the satnav is elsewhere then where is it?

Once I can get the disc out I can confirm if it's the last version available, I'm happy to chance £9 on a "backup" disc and try loading it.
Did you find it? If not, it’s in the glovebox, the top inside covering of which pulls forward then comes off, revealing the satnav’s DVD drive. I’ve not yet found a non-stupidly expensive way of updating it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts