Nissan Murano Forum banner

Keep miles off the Murano when possible or drive the heck out of it?

• Keep low miles, no dings

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Drive the heck out of it and enjoy

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • Somewhere in between

Votes: 7 16.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save it or drive the he!! out of it

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Decisions Decisions Decisions. :confused:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, I guess I was always taught to take care of things so I drive real easy. Besides, I get to drive the hell out of the cars at work and sometimes get to go triple digits legally.:cool:

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Well I drive to work every day about 30 miles and doing a lot of driving on the weekends, so I should say “drive the he!! out of it”

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
How about BOTH

I want to keep the miles off due to my 15k per yr lease.
I drive 15 miles to work and a few jaunts on the weekend...
and I drive the HELL out of it, when I can.

But park in the boonies for no dents.

:2:

·
5,268 Posts
no need to ask:

drive the HELL out of it !!!!

especially the Yokos.......

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I personally buy the MO to use it as my comfortable,

enjoyable driving machine for most daily commutes and long road trips. Whenever me and gf are going to a club, we'd drive the convertible naturally ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think something in between drive the heck our of it. I mean the Murano is a great car but seriously how many of you are going to own it more than 5 years? I know in 5 years there will be something else new and totally cool that I would like to drive instead of the Murano so why baby it? But then again you would like the option of having a somewhat reliable vehicle in 5 or so years just in case I can't afford a new car...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Clearly I'm driving the heck outta it, having puy on 35K miles in 1 year with a lot of seriously rough terrain crossed.

However, that being said I must admit that I'm thinking of trading in for a 2005 XTerra. With all the off-road fun I've discovered since getting the Mo, it feels like it's just a matter of time before I put a rock through that plastic fuel tank or the alternator/transfer case explodes at a very inopportune moment. She's just not designed for the abuse I've been challenging her with, so if I'm going to pound nails maybe I should get a hammer...

·
4,664 Posts
Ahh, I can't vote on a poll like that. Life's not black and white, it's a combination of having fun, while ensuring it's properly maintained.

I'm half tempted to add another option to poll, but that would skew it.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I intend to be driving the Murano long after you "drive the hell out of it" types have moved on to your new Snarkle, 250 Volt Electric AWD SUVs with HDTVs in the dash.

Seriously I do neither.
I do what I do.
The car doesn't run my life. I run the car.
When I need to, the way I want to.
Some times it sits a few days, sometimes we just go to the Keys for a couple of days. Or we drive toi Orlando for lunch.
Whatever.

I wish jaak had added another option.......

I do intend to keep the Murano until it is 6 or 7 years old UNLESS it goes through two Alternators, etc.
At that point it is gone,
A man does not need to drive a POS unreliable car.:eek:

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
As a OLD Florida Cracker you make me full of longing. I used to live in Madicumbi Bay, Key West, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami SHores, Cocoa Beach, Gainesville and Long Boat Key. I miss it all so much. Nothing like the West coast of Fla, that water and those white beaches. I ned to get in the MO and Go around April. :D

·
4,664 Posts
That's it, I'm adding an option... I'll be the first to vote on it! PM me if you want to change your vote one way or another.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
I believe cars are meant to be used. I've put 43k miles and am a few weeks from my 2 year anniversary.

That said, I'm starting my next assignment on Monday and will be driving 220 miles per week straight through the NYC Metro area to Long Island for 2 months. So I got another rental today. A Taurus with 12k miles. I've led the discussion a few months ago about driving it vs storing it, especially in high-risk winter driving, but that commute was 770 miles per week, not 220.

I don't mind piling on the miles, so long as I'm putting the miles on for my enjoyment or a reasonable commute. I'm one of the 3 "in between" (at this moment). Finally, being right in the 14"-18" snow band for this weekend's snow storm, and on stock Goodyears that have been sliding in the rain since Autumn, Nancy is *definitely* sitting this one out, and maybe even all snow for the rest of the season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts