Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a couple of Mo's at a local Enterprise Car Rental location.

Was I having a bad dream or are we all now driving rentals?

·
Registered
400 Posts
We're all driving rentals

A salesman told me (a few months back) that Enterprise had used the Murano as rentals in Hawaii and that's how he got some SL AWDs as "used cars" with only 8,000 miles on them. I didn't really believe him until today.

Today, I took my Murano back to the body shop to have the rear doors aligned after my major rear-end accident. When I got dropped-off at the Enterprise to pick-up a loaner for the day, I saw a couple of MOs sitting in the lot as rentals. (There were a couple of Maximas also.) I asked about them and was told that they were the "Premium SUV rentals." This was the Enterprise in San Gabriel, CA (east of downtown LA by aboug 15 miles)

Bob K.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Ouch that hurts. Well, I know Maximas are rentals, but its pretty soon for a "hot selling SUV" to be a rental. Oh well, I guess it adds to Nissan's sales.

It is possible Nissan purposely sells some Muranos are rentals so that they can see how the vehicle handles the abuse dealt out to rental cars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Enterprise uses them here on Long Island as well.........

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Enterprise always is early on these things.
They had PT Cuisers back when they were selling at a 10%, and up!, premium.
Enterprise, as opposed to hertz and avis, is kind of a "local area" rental company.
You don't have to go "all the way out to the airport" to rent from them.
As a matter of fact they will come to you.
Lots of people rent from them who are NOT businessmen.
And some folks usta use them for extended test drives of cars they were considering buying.
(More and more dealers are going to the 24 hour test drive these days)

Homer

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Enterprise is also big in the insurance replacement biz. That is; when your car is in the shop and your policy covers a rental, Enterprise has a special rate for your insurance carrier.

My buddy is the sales manager for the local Enterprise car sales. Currently, there are no Muranos for rent around here. If your looking for a Maxima however......:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts