Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
icedout589 wrote:
Last night a drunk driver was driving the wrong way on a 4 lane highway near my house and smashed into my friend w/ a DB Z w/ volks....and my friend driving died....just thought i'd share....here's the video clip of the news from my local station...to hell w/ drunk drivers

http://www.wsoctv.com/index.html (click on teen driver dies after drunk driver...)
Teen killed in car accident, hit by drunk driver.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to hear about it

Sugarrush,

I live just North of Charlotte, this was the headline all day long here. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I don't know why we put up with this crap.
Most of the time these murderers are Multiple DUI offenders.

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Terribley Sad!

So very very sorry,

HAng in there

G.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not trying to take away from the tragic accident, but I don't think SugarRush knew the victim.

My prayers go out to the victim and his family. I lost a friend to a drunk driver over 20 years ago and it seems like very little has changed in ways to stop this from happening.

Dave N.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave N said:
Not trying to take away from the tragic accident, but I don't think SugarRush knew the victim.

My prayers go out to the victim and his family. I lost a friend to a drunk driver over 20 years ago and it seems like very little has changed in ways to stop this from happening.

Dave N.
Dave N, you are right I dont know the victim in real life. I only know/saw him posted in my350z.com forum ;)

What i want to point out again how dangerous DUI is. With the holidays are coming up, i hope we all will remember not to jump into the driver seat after those drinks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good Point!

Holidays are here and we all must be careful and use good judgement. Be safe everyone!

njmo

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's awful.

This hits home because one of the "little sisters" at my fraternity (when I was in college) was killed by a drunk driver. Actually 3 of her friends in her car were killed instantly by the drunk driver. She had massive brain damage and died a week later. The drunk driver was a multiple DUI offender. The DUI's passenger was also killed, but he himself only suffered minor cuts.

My question: How the hell does this happen? Why do the innocent die and the offenders live to kill or injure another day? It just pisses me off. :mad: To this day, I will be the first to offer to be designated driver. I can easily do without alcohol, but I can't, as easily, go without my family or friends.

My prayers to the family of that young man who was killed. May he rest in peace.

Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
I saw this on the other side too ("our" other car is a ZR)...
Poor kid. My condolences to his family and friends.
The car was unrecognizable, and for the life of me I can't understand how the impaired dude can drive 15-20 MILES the WRONG way on an interstate, and not be stopped! The clip said the police were trying to signal him... evidently "trying" isn't wasn't good enough.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I live about 25 miles east of Charlotte and drive that stretch of I-485 every afternoon.

The drunk driver in this case MAY face deportation. After we pay to patch him up, of course. He is an illegal with no DOCUMENTED income.

And don't get me started about the toothless DUI laws in this country. Oh sure, a drunk driver may lose his/her license. But that is no real deterrent.
They just keep on driving. Look at the stats from license checkpoints or Click-it-or-Ticket campaigns. There was a checkpoint in Charlotte recently. A handful of DUIs, couple without seatbelts, and thirty-some driving with a revoked license.

Loss of license is no deterrent at all...

·
5,244 Posts
From the press:

Man Accused Of Killing Teenager In Drunk Driving Accident, Admits To Being Illegal Alien.

Hernandez is charged with DWI and involuntary manslaughter.

It is really sad..........in my books it is called MURDER and should be treated as such.........I have no mercy for drunk killers!

Unca Dunno, you are not kidding about 'MAY FACE DEPORTATION', are you? Even in our broken system I do not believe that he would be awarded for murder....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Kris,

It depends upon how "lawyered up" he can get. And Charlotte has the most lawyers per capita in the country.

And the PC police in town will make certain that, since this guy is not a US citizen, he gets treated with kid gloves.

For those of you who aren't from around the Queen City, the name of the game here is deny your own heritage at all costs, embrace and worship all things foreign.

For example, nearly all reminders of Charlotte's gold mining past have been preserved (Charlotte was the gold center of the country until Sutter's Mill). Most historic buildings have been razed. The school system actively studies the merits of several non-Christian religions and forbids observance of Christianity.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Update...

A member of the US Congress is proposing a "True ID" law that is supposed to tighten requirements for giving IDs to aliens. This congresswoman is from NC and is proposing that states lose fed highway money unless they get better at checking IDs before issuing licenses.

NC, by the way, has about the slackest requirements for ID. A couple of bills with your name and address and you get your license.

One of the self-styled "leaders who works with the Hispanic community" says that the law unfairly targets Hispanics.
The bill says nothing about race or nationality.

The drunk driver goes to court today for arraignment. He was going to be charged with DWI and involuntary manslaughter.

Until locals talked with INS.

Seems he is still giving a false name. He has been turned back at the Tex-Mex border 14 times. Has been arrested twice for DWI and once for reckless driving. And has been deported three times.

Now he's going to be charged with 2nd degree murder. And probably deported again.

·
5,244 Posts
There is only one solution: :behead:

·
Registered
155 Posts
The school system actively studies the merits of several non-Christian religions and forbids observance of Christianity.
Excellent, glad to hear your children are getting some perspective and following the intent of the Constitution.

As for DUI, two suggestions:
automatic jail terms for first offence.
automatic loss of vehicle, seized and no return

It won't stop the idiots who rack up multiple DUIs, but it will deter the casual drinker thinking of taking a chance on drunk driving.

·
Registered
46 Posts
bruno said:
Excellent, glad to hear your children are getting some perspective and following the intent of the Constitution.
:rolleyes:

...only perspective that counts is God's, through his son Jesus Christ!!!

Isaiah 55:8-9

To the rest, sorry for the thread hijack....couldn't let a stupid statement go unaddressed.

·
Registered
358 Posts
And yet another wrong-way wreck.

One reason why insurance rates are so high in Charlotte.
And why I moved out of Charlotte 13 years ago, and why the Boss Lady and I stay out of that town by all means necessary.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts