Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I thought I would just say good bye and thanks to all those here at the org who have helped me through some of the rough times of ownership.

I traded in the MO on a new vehicle and handed over the keys yesterday. :(

I am sad to see her go but I just couldn't take any more issues with the vehicle and the service. In 1-1/2 years of ownership she spent 3 months in the shop. In my last round they had to change the CVT, the transfer case and the differential. No one knows why but they had all failed at the same time.:8:

All in all I loved the look and drive of the vehicle but as far as reliability is concerned I trusted it about as far as I could throw it. I drive alot so I need something I can count on.

Take care to all and good luck with your MO's. I am sure they will all be better than mine was.

:runaway:

·
Registered
747 Posts
krpster

Good luck to you. What did you trade the Murano in on, and did you get a decent Trade in Value?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Sorry to see you go. Good luck to you and please do check us out once in a while. Maybe we can convince you to come back...:)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Lotta class there.

Good luck to you.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Hope you have better luck with your new vehicle.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sorry to see you go and good luck to you.
If you check back in here let us know what you're driving now and how it stacks up against the MO.

·
4,601 Posts
Apparently, a transfer case failure can damage the mating surfaces to the CVT which means a CVT replacement. So the CVT itself is a victim, not the failure point.

It would be good to know if this was the case here.

They almost replaced mine, but Nissan figured they'd gamble and see how it goes.

Sorry to see you go, as I remember when you got it! Good luck with the new wheels!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Sorry I'm late krpster. I missed your original post but wanted to wish you luck. I'm afraid the luck would have it that a lemon rolled your way. I'm sure it is the same with every car on the market but I'm sorry you had to be the short straw here.
Best of luck. I hope you find a forum for your next car that will have kind, caring and classy people as we do on this org.
Bob1 :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the kind wishes.:5:

I ended up getting a 2005 F150 4x4 Lariat with every option I could get. I couldn't beat the combination of discount + delivery credit + low interest (non existent) financing. I got a pretty fair trade I guess but as with any newer vehicle you loose your shirt on a trade. Oh well.:8:

So far the truck has been pretty good. It is very quiet, almost too quiet. Not a squeek, rattle or noise to be heard. I am impressed with the solid feel of the truck. Damn it's big! I did have a paint problem with the back of the cab when I went to pick it up but they have refinished it and it seems OK now. The first fill up was a shock but I think I will get used to it (113L tank)!

I had to laugh to myself last night when I got the recall notice in the mail for the alternator replacement. If I still had the MO I think that would have sent me over the edge.

Take care and I will drop by from time to time. There is an F150 forum....lets see if they measure up!:)

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Good luck with the F150...

It is an awesome vehicle! :D
But, dont you a bit worried that the gas price is closing in to $3/gallon .... ? :4:

·
Registered
842 Posts
In Canada, the price of regular fuel is posted at over a dollar a liter or $4.50 a gallon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I worry about it a little bit but so far it hasn't been that bad.I do a lot of highway driving and the differnce between the truck and the MO doesn't seem that big. My avg mileage in the MO was about 11.8 L/100 km (19.9 mpg). So far on the truck I am getting about 13.7 L/100 km (17.2 mpg). Since the truck is new I expect it will get a bit better with time. So not as bad as I thought seing as the truck has a 5.4L V8 with 300 bhp pulling around 2 tons of steel.

On sunny days I ride my motorcycle so the average between the two balances out (at least in my mind anyways):crazyeye:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Stoker said:
In Canada, the price of regular fuel is posted at over a dollar a liter or $4.50 a gallon.
That must be for an imperial gallon, since I read regular just crept over $1 a liter in Canada, making it around $3.78CAD for a US gallon. Thats around $3.13USD, making it more expensive than even the most expensive US gas (which I hear is creeping over $3/gallon in the SF Bay Area now).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts