Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Does a scale diecast model of the MO exist?

edit: I prefer the larger 1/18 models. has anyone seen them for sale?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I believe there is one, but I understand it is distorted........Do a search?

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The one people talk about her is made by J Designs, and its not quite to scale. For one thing, its much too long, and ends up looking more like a Chrysler Pacifica or a minivan rather than a Murano. Keep in mind the pictures online for this model are all stretched to make it look correctly scaled, but the actual model is not. I know because I have the copper metalic one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric L. said:
The one people talk about her is made by J Designs, and its not quite to scale. For one thing, its much too long, and ends up looking more like a Chrysler Pacifica or a minivan rather than a Murano. Keep in mind the pictures online for this model are all stretched to make it look correctly scaled, but the actual model is not. I know because I have the copper metalic one.
would you be able to post a picture of yours so I can see?? :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
New Color from J-Collection - Murano Black

bigdongers:

Found this new1/43 Black Murano scheduled to be release this month from J-Collection and seems like it is quite popular as they have stopped taking pre-orders. The price is reasonable at $16.71 (not include S&H charges).

Here is THE LINK for the black color. They do have the SILVER in stock as well as the GOLD one.

Gonzo: you might also be interested in this black MO. :)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
You are right! Thanks for thinking of me.... looking forward in seeing the pictures when it comes out.

I might hold out and continue to look for one with SL rims.

·
Registered
31 Posts
bought the 1/43 silver for my gf...(since I have a few die casts of my Z)...its not terrible for the price..and I don't think the proportions are that bad..especially since there is nothing else(any other scale model Mo's) to compare it to...I'll post a pic soon...

·
Registered
982 Posts
zilverMO said:
bought the 1/43 silver for my gf...(since I have a few die casts of my Z)...its not terrible for the price..and I don't think the proportions are that bad..especially since there is nothing else(any other scale model Mo's) to compare it to...I'll post a pic soon...
Everyday, I come back ... sometimes 2 times a day... checking... to see if this picture of the diecast is posted, but day after day I'm dissapointed.

:cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey! I'm currently out of the office (the diecast is there). Once I get back, I'll post *lots* of pics. :)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Gonzo said:
You are right! Thanks for thinking of me.... looking forward in seeing the pictures when it comes out.

I might hold out and continue to look for one with SL rims.
Wow. That one pictured in chimpanzees link is MINE!

Black, SE!

No Roof Rack!

Just my luck it's SOLD OUT!

I'll Keep checking though!

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Yes, with one small screw.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I have a sunlit copper sitting on my desk right now. Its not proportioned correctly as homer stated above - its much too long and not high enough, so the model looks more like a minivan then the "pumpkin coach" Murano shape.

Still, its the only model for the Murano, so if you want one thats the one to get. Just don't expect it to be perfect thats all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts