Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey check this guy out in the UK....he says he is selling a 2004 Nissan Murano with a buy it now price of $9,100. How much you wanna bet he tries to get you to send him a cashiers check or wire him money. Whats the sayin "If it seems to good to be true it probably is". I hate people like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=84163&item=2492737406&rd=1

Heres another one that says they are in Oregon with a buy it now of 8000$...always a bit fishy when they say they are in the US but they put a dollar sign after the amount...lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=84163&item=2492732824&rd=1

Got to be careful...before they were usually IDs with zero or little feedback, now it seems they are taking the time to set up IDs and build good feedback for them before they try and scam you.

·
Registered
420 Posts
They want to pre-approve bidders. That's probably when they tell you you're not buying the car for that amount but taking over a lease or assuming a loan.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah sorry I was editing my post to include that one too.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you look closely at their feedback, the guy from the U.K. only has feedback as a buyer, and the guy from Oregon has only sold one other item back in 2001.

·
Registered
741 Posts
And closer you see that one of them only buys Stephen King books and the other only vinyl LPs. Who said that "There is nothing wrong in separating an idiot from his money" or something like that? :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Sim I looked at what they were buying too, and I noticed that also.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Links are no longer valid - looks like ebay caught the shady auctions.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
The one in Oregon was actually in the UK. I suspect a hijacked identity. He claimed that Square Trade would refund the entire $8k if the buyer was not satisfied. Square Trade is an email forewarding service for buyer/seller disputes, nothing more They won't refund anything!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's even worse if you go to the motorcycle section...I want to get a bike but it seems like just about every auction on there is a scam.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
The $8000 Murano is back on ebay. Looks like the same car. Spanish email address.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
ekaxel said:
The $8000 Murano is back on ebay. Looks like the same car. Spanish email address.

Whats the link? I cannot find an $8000 Murano without a reserve. There is a blue wrecked SL, but thats a parts car.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Here is the listing:

eBay home | pay | my eBay | sign out | site map | help

Back to list of items Listed in category: eBay Motors > Passenger Vehicles > Nissan > Murano

2004 Nissan : Murano ONLY 8000$ Item number: 2495136233
You are signed in

Bidding has ended for this item

The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.

Go to larger picture Starting bid: US $100.00
Cash Back Financing Available
Ended: Oct-17-04 07:17:31 PDT
Start time: Oct-16-04 15:07:22 PDT
History: 0 bids
Item location: FREE SHIPPING!!
United States
Featured Plus! Listing

Ships to: Worldwide
Shipping costs: Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details
Shipping and payment details

Seller information
rob230667 ( 30)
Feedback Score: 30
Positive Feedback: 96.9%
Member since Sep-03-03 in United Kingdom

Read feedback comments

View seller's other items

Buy with Confidence

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The $8 Murano. Sorry for the image quality - we are limited to 100kb.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts