Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday of last week I had all 3 recalls complete (the alternator, seat belt, and fuel tank) on my 2003 murano. I left for a trip out of town with my 3 children, after getting 200 miles away from home and having 300 more miles to drive, my windshield wipers front and back came on by themselves, the lights kept going on and off, the blinkers were also working on their own, and water was coming out of the fuse panel on the drivers side. I had to stop because you could hear a sizzling sound, so I found the nearest nissan dealership and took it there, they kept it for 3 hours and said they fixed the problem, so I hit the road again. Then about 180 miles later it happened again, this time all the service departments were closed, so I had to just keep driving until I reached my desination with all this stuff going crazy. A 6 1/2 hour trip took 11 hours to get there. The next day I took it to the closet service department and they said they fix it, the ac hose was loose which was allowing water to build up everywhere and shorting stuff out. I really HOPE it is fix, but I am now scared to drive the car. The car to me is still not acting right, it has no power and the transmission keeps shifting up and down all the time. Has anyone else had any problems like this? I have been reading the posts, but cannot seem to find anything. Thinking about trading it off, because I have to make frequent trips out of town!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
sweettam-

No, I have not heard of that happening on a MO. I would not think a loose A/C drain hose would cause those problems. A blocked or disconnected hose might cause similar problems, but a loose one, I don't know.

I would not be too worried about driving your MO. The second dealer obviously located the problem and has fixed it.

Did the first dealer charge you for the repairs? If so, I would contest the charges since they obviously did not fix your MO. What did they write on the invoice?

Did the second dealer comment on the first dealer's repairs?

-njjoe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did not charge me anything because it is still under warranty(for 1200 more miles). On the service slip it says repaired a/c drain and dried connectors. The second dealership made no comment on the service of the other. Their service slip says that they re-attached/secured a/c drain tube and drained water. They also told me that my alternator was under recall, but I had that taken care of the previous Monday, so I am just going to ignore that one. I figure that someone just hasn't put that in their computer system yet. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Ah first I've heard of this one. Not sure I understand the loose AC hose part either. Electricity and water is a bad combination...unless your trying to make hydrogen and oxygen :D. I could understand if the evaporator drain hole got plugged. THe evaporator core, the part of the AC system that gets cold inside the car pulls a lot of moisture out of the air. AC acts like a dehumidifier. For this reason there is a drain hole and a drain tube from the box that surrounds the evaporator core. Thats why it is common to have a puddle of water under your MO on the passenger side after a drive in the hot humid summer. That's where the drain tube drains the water. Sounds to me like that tube was blocked or pinched. If that's what they fixed then I understand. If it wasn't then it will happen again.

But, even if they did, I would think they would have ran a full diagnostic on the whole car, the ECU, BCM, TCM, DCM, etc. If not, I'd find a dealer that would.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The continuing symptoms definitely suggests that whatever got wet during the incident hasn't completely dried out yet. Wet electrical components can do just about anything - even catch on fire! Make sure you dealership documents that the electrical gremlins you experienced were the result of some sort of short caused by the buildup of water, so you have recourse in the future if something permanently breaks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yikes!

NZM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts