Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father took my 2004 Murano to dealer for a problem with alarm. The dealer said that there needs to be a scheduled maintenance done for 7500 miles. Just prior to that I changed oil on the car (@ 7200) and rotated tires. At the end of the day those so-bees didn't do anything about alarm, but charged $173 for the maintenance. They changed the oil (AGAIN) and rotated tires back to the configurations they were before even though a receipt was given to them about oil and tire rotation. Now they also said that they had to re-check, reset onboard computer during this maintenance. I went to nissan's website and there was nothing said about reseting the computer. Plus we argued that we did the oil change and tire rotation and wanted their receipt to reflect the work, to which they said that it's a "package" and they cannot remove anything from it (but I bet they can add :3: )
I want to complain to my credit card to despute the charges, but wanted to find out before I call if $173 is a resonable charge and if computer reset is needed. Also, what did you pay for your first scheduled maintenance?
Oh, and the dealership I am talking about is Bay Ridge Nissan in Brooklyn,NY. Bunch of a-holes over there.

thanks a lot,
webtekie

·
Registered
32 Posts
So for what its worth, which may not be much, my 7,500mi maintenance cost me about $135...

So far I've been happy enough with the dealer maintenance since the $135 price seemed ok and they're only charging me about $20 for each odd (3750... 11,250... etc) maintenance.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I change my oil every 3500 miles (now at 5000 since I use syntetic) but had my first scheduled maintenace at 15,000. Price varied from $149 to $399, depending on which dealership I called. It turned out that the cheap one basically did not include anything, and the expensive one had everything, including cabin filter, and rental car.
I guess what I am trying to say is that apparently there is no standard so it is hard to say if $173 was fair. If it was for just an oil change and tire rotation, it was way too much. I have not heard of resetting the computer though. Maybe they mean resetting the trip computer that keeps track of oil changes and tire rotations? If that is what they mean, they are theives! Otherwise, any resetting of ECU means there was a problem, therefore covered under warranty so there should have been no charge to you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe they mean resetting the trip computer that keeps track of oil changes and tire rotations?
Exectly! I did not have time to look in the manual how to change the milage count on both so left it on past milage for now. They said that they needed to change that AND synchronize/reset the computer. Have no idea what it means!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Computer reset?

This must mean the reset my wife did in 10 seconds.

Sorry man, they are taking you here...

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I sure am glad all the maintenance is covered in my lease.

I think you got ripped as well......but somebody told them to go ahead with the tires and oil.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Do Dealers not understand! We don't trust you!!! Why? Look at this thread and see for yourself. Last time I went to the dealer and they mentioned scheduled maintenance, I laughed at them. I said how much to change out that cabin air filter? They said 90 bucks! I said I can have that filter out of the compartment in about 90 seconds. How can you charge 90 bucks? I got the deer in the headlight look.
Find someplace you trust. Find someplace where you can watch them rotate and balance the tires. Find someplace that won't rip you off. Heck, I'm comfortable at Valvoline Oil Change. I can stand there and watch it all happen from my supervisory position 3 feet from the engine compartment. Reset the computer? Yeah, some 4 year old can figure out how to set the mile counter for oil changes! They have the nerve to state, we reset the computer? Sheesh!
:eek:

Bob1

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
My dealer service department allows me to

...adjust the to-do's in each scheduled maintenance.
Example:
At 15K , instead of doing the in cabin fillter, i have them change the engine filter instead. I did the cabin filter myself...It took off $80 from the final bill...

PM me if you are in maryland area and want to know who this dealer is.

One reason i did most scheduled service maintenance at the dealer is that the murano is still under the factory warranty. Yes, i know that showing proof that you have the service done somewhere else is a sufficient proof in case you want to claim warranty work with Nissan. I just play it safe.

On my other vehicles, when it is already out of warranty, i did the service work on independnet repair shop. Usually i use a special shop that is know and specialize to the car brand.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I must say fellas these low scheduled maintaince is NOT required. So far I've got 18K, I've followed the manual and done it all myself and perhaps spend 15 minutes doing so (less time for the oil changes). The 7500 check is a joke. I've never had my MO in for any type of schedule maintenance.

IMHO the only thing you need to do is change your oil, replace the cabin filter yearly and replace your air filter every 30K or sooner if you like. Rotate your tires yearly and check your tire pressure throughout the year.

After the MO gets above 60K miles then lets talk about sevice being performed.

Shift_Done

·
Registered
155 Posts
I hate to say it, but my dealer has been very good so far. Maybe it is because I've had very few problems with my '04 Mo.
I do my own oil/filter changes, they do tire rotations(5 wheel rotations for me) and their few checks, and bill me accordingly.
They have no problem with this, their attitude is: we don't care who does it as long as it gets done.
Refreshing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts