Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone see the new Scions coming out? God, they're ugly.

They have a car that's fairly nice, the tC. A sporty little two door.

But the xA and the xB are more hideous, with the xB taking first price in ugliness. It's more of a box on wheels than the Element.

http://www.scion.com

The xA is what I'm worried about. It is very similar to the MO and other crossovers like the Matrix. Scion seems to be gearing their cars towards ricers, offering colored-leather steering wheels, interior LED lighting, various performance upgrades, etc. I'm surprised they aren't offering kanji decals, because we all know the decals make you go faster...

So keep an eye out in the coming months, you may see a rice-boy lining up for a race with your MO. Don't worry... slip the MO into Ds and take off, the 1.5L, 108HP Scions won't touch you. ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just back from breakfast and there was an xB in the parking lot. Had aftermarket rims/wheels (I think), and might have been lowered. It actually looked pretty cool. Yes it is a box, but I bet in a year there will be hundreds more hop-up parts for it than for our MO's.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Never fails to amaze me how when auto designers go back to the the dark ages with these putrid designs as the scion & element which are so in your face ugly but people still buy them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Scions are actually Toyota spin off vehicles from Japan. The Scion xB over there is called the Toyota bB and the xA is called the Vitz. Both sell very well in Japan. I am not too sure how they will do here. We will see I guess.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That's just the way Japan is.

We invent the SUV for the masses, they come out with the Murano.

We invent the Asstek, they come out with the Scion.

We just can't seem to stay ahead of them.

Homer

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think this is one instance where we're glad we're not ahead of Japan.

"In other news, the US has taken the lead in boxy automobile design..."

Oy.

·
5,268 Posts
[QUOTE

"In other news, the US has taken the lead in boxy automobile design..."

Oy. [/B][/QUOTE]

Shall I say and "boredom"
:eek:

·
4,664 Posts
Just when you thought the Uglement was the worst you were going to see... I think the Scion designers smoked some crack and then sat there and stared at bricks... They must have drawn the design before going through detox.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I kind of like the xB. I am not sure why!?! I reminds me of the munsters or something. Different to say the least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts