Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my brushed pewter MO on Monday. WOOOO HOOO! I have never been happier with a new car purchase! I was thinking of Scotch Guarding the seats myself. Any arguments against? I have been reading the threads against Armor All, and thought I should ask.

Thanks!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I did scotch guard all fabrics a few times since I got my MO and I can say that it is one of the things that I include in the periodic maintenance...

·
Registered
758 Posts
jaalbr

I used 303's version of Scotchguard on My Mo. And I am very happy I did. Two days after applying it my son spilled a Mountain Dew on the front seat. It saved my interior. I would definitely recommend it. I did not see any change in the interior color or texture after allowing it to dry.

·
Registered
758 Posts
webtekie

I bought the 303 Fabric Protector at my Local Ace Hardware store along with the 303 Aerospace Protectant. Not the cheapest stuff but worth it IMHO.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I don't have cloth seats in my Murano so I guess Scotchguard would not apply. However, I did Scotchguard my 97 Maxima and thought it was a wasted effort until 5 years later, a cooler leaked in my back seat. Miraculously, the water pooled up on the seat without soaking in! I highly recommend Scotchguard. I just used the stuff in the can I purchased from my local auto store. Just be sure to do it outside and let the car air out fully. I can't believe the dealer would charge hundreds of dollars for something I spent $5 and one hour doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts