Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Anyone out there know how to, or have any suggestions for, getting scratches out of plastic??? I am embarrased to say what I did, but I put something on the top of my dash and when I took it off it was all scratched!:bonk:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Seems like the dash plastic is rather soft, I placed a laptop with rubber feet, and THAT has left marks on the dash. These are not scratches so I am hopefull next application of vinyl protector will cover it up, hopefully.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well I checked out the dash and I am at a loss.

I'm afraid the only thought I had was Vinyl Dye. And there is zero chance of matching the color.

Sorry, but it has me stumped.

Homer

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, if you MUST know, it was a pumpkin. I was feeling festive and I saw this kewl lighted jack-o-lantern that had a very strange resemblence to my sunlit MO, so I thought, I'll put him in my window. So for a day or so I drove around with him on my dash, little did I know there was the tiniest little piece of plastic on the bottom digging into my dash. :16: I am such a MORON!! I can now say with confidence that I will NOT be putting up the tree next month;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well next time you know you can still do it. Just put those little patches that you put on the bottom of furniture not to scratch the floor and then use double sided tape to keep it in place.
Nothing wrong with being festive.
I should post a picutre of my 4runner last year during Xmas. We had to drive from Calif. To N. Dakota on Dec.19.
So I bought an inverter and put Xmas lights up on the top of the rails, I first wrapped them in garland. Then I had large lighted candy canes in the rear windows, and a wreath on the front grill.
I think for SUV's, a wreath on the front grill is a must.
Can't wait to hook my MO up this year. Believe it or not, on the Air Force base, they made me turn the lights off. Whats up with not being in the spirit of Xmas!!!

Chez

·
Registered
487 Posts
Here's a thought. Will a pro detailer be able to repair light scratches in the dash? I have one that has been there almost since delivery. It is light but noticeable, because the dash is dark gray and any scratch leaves almost a white mark :/

I plan to take my MO in for interior detailing sometime before the end of the year, maybe. Could they possibly fix these dash scratches?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Scratch on wheel cover

There was a light scratch (almost looked like a pencil mark) on the top of the steering wheel cover where the air bag is when I took delivery of my vehicle last week. The dealership tried to get it out but ended up making it a bit worse (glad I didn't try to do anything). Anyway, the guy who sold it to me said they will have someone at the dealership this week who will be able to fix it. I will let you know how it works out and try to find out what they did.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would not have the courage to try this on my Murano dash, but:

many molded plastics/vinyls will 'heal over' scratches with application of heat.

I have used this with success on my motorcycle 'saddle bags' (black plastic with pebbly finish) and the door trim on my Typhoon. I used a 'paint stripper' heat gun., but have heard a butane lighter will work as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts