Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see all these little scratches at the door handles? It's on all the doors. I also checked out the showroom model and that one was worse. Man, the car must have gone through a storm from Japan to here. HA!! Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way - these are not from any of those things....there are tons of them and they are on all doors.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
Finger nails. Rings. Keys.
I carpool and you can definitely see the difference between my door handle (Driverside) and the passenger side. The lady that sits in the passenger seat has a huge rock on her hand and I can only imagine that it is responsible for most of the scratches. My door handle has a couple, but no where near what the passenger one has. Such is life....

·
Registered
781 Posts
UNC BB Fan said:
No way - these are not from any of those things....there are tons of them and they are on all doors.
Okay. What would you say it is?

If it were a storm - do you think it would ONLY scratch around the door handle? Maybe the storm was just looking for a nice place to relax and wanted inside.

To back up my theory - it is also very very difficult to wax/buff those areas on a car. With the other surfaces a good detail will minimize any scratches - it is hard to get in there with a cloth - nearly impossible with a buffer.

The car at the dealership probably has a few people (careless people I might add) getting in and out of the car every day. Kids running around - putting fingers where they shouldn't. Sales people with pens in their hands. Women with long finger nails.

Let's be honest - the paint isn't all that durable either.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
it's def rings an keys an such--all of my vehicles have had that.
I wax there on purpose and the wax I use is pretty hard and slick, that proctects the area well.
On my other vehicles I used scratchout polishing compound to remove them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok - well, I think it's very odd that this is a brand spanking new car with the scratches and all the other cars on the lot have the exact same scratches. I was being sarcastic with the storm thing but anyway, i'm going to look into the issue a litle further with the dealer. Seems very odd! I could see if the scratches were a few ut it's a ton of them...not just one or two.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok - I had a chance to call the Dealership...the marks are from rings that they put on at the factory for shipment. They were not sure of the purpose of the rings but that's what makes all the tiny little scartches in the door handles. The dealership is going to buff out all the scartches for me...just wanted to let everyone know the deal. Thanks all and look at those handles for scratches.

:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Perhaps there are two different types of scratches.

I am the exclusive driver of my Murano and the only door which has any noticable scratches on the paint inside the handle is the drivers door. I can say for certain there are none on the other doors and there were none on the drivers door when I first received the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a copper MO and those scratches between the door handle and the door. this is where the finger nails and rings scratch it. is there anything we can do to prevent this? like the clear magnet thing on the hood or something? how can i get rid of them?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I too have scratches on the paint inside the door handle area (not on the door handle, but the painted area behind it). The scratches are so minor, I find they can be temporarily masked with a good cleaner wax.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have no scratches on my MO's door handles

.... but then again I make everone wear gloves when they get in.
.... and little booties on their feet. :D

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm suspect of long nails from the ladies rather than rings and keys and what not.
I think we all have them, I have waxed mine off and they are back in a week.
Let me suggest you run around and open and close the door for your lady! She will be so impressed and you can keep the scratches away!!
Bob1

·
Registered
541 Posts
they should have some of that clear 3M protective stuff that is near the rear fender around the door handle area as well. Just enough to protect from rings and nails but not enough to stand out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bowl cover???

Hi,
I have the same problem with the passenger side door getting scratched up.....
But I was on ebay and came across this as a solution....What do ya think....fashionably correct or too bling bling????

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
whatever.....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Bowl cover???

rharrack said:
Hi,
I have the same problem with the passenger side door getting scratched up.....
But I was on ebay and came across this as a solution....What do ya think....fashionably correct or too bling bling????

Rich
I think it looks too flashy. Why not just get some of the 3M invisigard stuff and put a piece behind the door handle?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I guess.....does anyone make the actually template for the handle area???Probably cheaper too.....

Rich

1 - 20 of 22 Posts