Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I never noticed this but boy is it killing me... what is with this interior... you look at it and it scratches! :mad:

I've never seen such bad material. My 1989 Pulsar was better than this and that car was a fraction of the cost.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? Any suggestions to help reduce the scratches? It seems that even my finger nail will scratch it. This really makes this car seem cheap.

Someone slap me but had I noticed it when I bought the car I would have looked for a differenct car.

What is the interior going to look like after a year... two years or more?

Please someone make me feel better about this. I need support man! :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a scratch on my dashboard about 8" long, dont know where it came from. hope not to see more!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i've got scratches all along the door frame where the seatbelts hit. i've also been noticeing this for a while and wondering what can be done!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm hoping that using the 303 protectant will help keep some of the scratches at bay. My hope is that the coating will help things slide instead of dig in. So far so good but my Murano is pretty new. I have noticed alot of marks where my feet graze the speakers on the front door when I exit the vehicle, someone in an earlier post mentioned using Mr. Clean Mark remover or something of that nature to remove those marks, I'll have to see if I can find that product.

·
Registered
45 Posts
scratches at seatbelt pillar!

Photog, I've got the same exact freakin problem with my Murano. My previous car was a pathfinder and whenever I released the seatbelt I remember it flying out of my hands and whacking the pillar, but I never noticed any marks or scratches in my path. I do the same thing on my Murano and it has a ton of unsightly scratches or white marks. It took me a while to realize exactly what I was doing so I have since stopped releasing the seatbelt like a slingshot but sometimes my brain lapses and I still whack the pillar. Anybody have any clue as to how to get rid or at least try to cover up these unsightly marks?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got no idea... I've tried that Mr. Clean product but it didn't help. I'm going to try some Armoral on the MO and maybe it will help slightly.

This is so unacepable (and unfair) but I have no idea what can be done.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
I have sheepskin tubes on the seatbelts in my Xterra and I have the opposite problem. The seatbelts often do not retract enough and I have to help them. I will be moving the sheepskin protectors to the Mo. It's possible that they will keep the seatbelts from retracting so quickly.

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
The plastic parts on the interior of my Maxima mark very easily. I can even stick my finger nail in and make a mark. It's most noticeable where the seat belt pillar is, and along the console, which take the most abuse. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to use the stuff, but there has to be better material out there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have just done the first interior cleaning of my '04 MO this weekend and noticed some serious plastic issues! The steering wheel front cover is peeling or cracked...exposing some greyish color spots! And the dash is reflective enough already...what can I clean and protect with as most products give you a glossy finish!

And then like all of you the B-pillar plastic area is all scratched...and how do we clean the metal stuff in the console? I tried using the same cleaners as on the plastic and now it's got "smears" on it and ruining the polished look...i hope it's not permanent!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 303 Aerospace Protectant on the dash works great. It gives the dash a deep matte, not polished, finish. Rather than spraying it directly on to the dash, apply to a cloth and rub on, then dry with another cloth. I used a dull dinner knife wrapped in the cloth to very gently edge around the speakers. Someone else had posted that the product is hard to remove from the speaker cloth so be careful.

I used a lightly dampened microfiber cloth to clean the metal and plastic surfaces. Maybe a tiny bit of Simple Green on a damp cloth will remove the smears on yours.

Hope this helps.

04 SE AWD / Glacier Pearl/Cafe Latte

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also found that a lint free cloth with water should remove any smears from the plastic. I think the plastic used in the MO is left over debris from Chernobyl. :4:

·
Registered
758 Posts
zoo_b

I agree with Ann, i have been using the 303 Aerospace cleaner on the dash and other plastic in the Murano. The 303 does not give you the shiny wet look of Armorall. I liked it because like you said, the dash is already way too reflective. I have thought about buying a dash cover to help resolve this. There are times I can barely see the road because of the reflection of the dash on the front window.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honestly I don't think the dash is to reflective but rather it is a very large dash and that long with the largle agressive angled wind screen don't compliment each other well.

Armoral make a low shine that I've used in other cars. Not too bad I have not had time to apply it to the MO yet.

·
Registered
758 Posts
DoItFun

I picked up the 303 at the local Ace Hardware.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I live in Canada and have never seen the products you've mentioned. Any clues where I can pick them up in Toronto?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh wow I am going to Zellers to go check out the 303 Protectant. Now I know I have to be careful with the speakers, but what about my clothe seats and the metal parts in the console? Do I have to be very very careful with them?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts