Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I plan on using the back of my MO to haul around my scuba gear this summer and I was wondering in anyone out there has any ideas on how to keep the back dry or if there are any accessories particular to hauling around tanks and dripping wet suits? Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
rear cover

Hey SiriusDriver,
There is an OEM rubberized plastic cover that completely covers the carpet behind the rear seat. It is color matched to your interior, has small holes for the anchor points to come thru. The sides are curved upwards to catch any debris or hold some water, I am guessing only a small amount though. Good place to start. I think it runs in the $70-80 range, if memory serves, which it usually does not. What was I saying? :2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
also large tupperware boxes

Rod,

I have seen tank racks that prevent them from rolling around. They are usually flat for the floor side and 1/2 circles on the top to hold the tanks. A couple of boards and a jig saw would work too.

We went on a scuba trip last year to Matathon Key, FL in our van and used some of the big tupperware type storage boxes for the wetsuits and stuff. What ended up happening is we had 6 people going on the trip and took our conversion van. The inside storage was filled with suitcases. We have a "hitch hauler" - a flat platform that plugs into the trailer hitch. We bungy-corded 4 of the tupperware containers onto the back of the van using the hitch -hauler. Kept the wet smell out of the van.

Where are you going? Have fun.

Chuck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All great ideas! I like the hitch idea with keeping the smell out but I'm worried about security. Although I could use Gun tape, that fixes everything right? :D The rubber mat for the back, I'm definately going to order that. It will keep the White Boxer fur from burrowing into the carpet and keep the floor dry. I might even try a 2 tier type loading system for the back. I've always found it easier that way because I rent my tanks. I load them on the bottom and if there is stuff all over them, it makes it harder to remove the tanks at the dive shop.

I'm a new diver, AOW, 3 years and 40+ dives. I dive in the Great Lakes but am a fair weather diver, meaning that when they are ice covered, I don't go diving. I only have a one piece 7/5 mm wetsuit after all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts