Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any 2006 SE owners in Canada able to get their hands on the brushed aluminum cross rails without having to order from the US?

If not, and you got them from the US--where, how much, shipping charges, and duties??

It seems that Nissan Canada, in all their wisdom, not only failed to equip their top of the line S 'Utility' V Murano with usable roof racks, but has decided to make it very difficult for their customers up here to do so on their own without using the standard black ones.

Edit-sorry, wrong forum

·
Registered
842 Posts
All the 06 Mo in this part of the world have the brushed aluminum roof rack as standard feature ( so said a buddy of mine) maybe you want to question the dealer on this.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roof racks are standard, but are the crossbars? As far as I am aware, they are not--mine certainly doesn't have them, and no Nissan dealership--not even Nissan Canada, can come up with a part number for the crossrails in brushed aluminum.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i'm not a fan of either the CDN spec black only cross bars(leave scratches in the roof rails and have horrible aerodynamics) or the US spec cross bars(it's kinda pointless to me not being able to adjust the cross bars- you screw them in and you have to leave them) although they are perfect in aerodynamics and looks. our previous hyundai santa fe had awesome roof rails; they didn't howl loudly at higher speeds, were very adjustable and looked good.

really the only option after this is either getting the thule or yakima aftermarket tube style cross rails, but again takes away style.

guess it's pretty hard to incorperate style and function especially when it comes to roof cross rails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts