Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tire Pressue Monitor logic

I was messing around with my settings in my garage and noticed that the dealership overinflated my tires. They were 38-39 psi when they should actually be around 33 each. I think I have figured out the logic for the TPM system.

33 33 33 33...In this order sitting in the car, it's Driver's Left Front, Left Passenger Rear, Right Passenger Rear, Right Front Passenger.

I stumbled accross this when I was deflating the tires to the correct tires pressure. I pressed the TPMS on the display while the car was off, but in the power mode to change the options. I deflated quite a bit of air from 38 to 33 and as soon as I got to 33 on my tire gauge, I saw the TPMS ligh up with just that one tire pressure. I started moving around the car and they lit up as I was moving around!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the note Eric. I did not think about the TPMS sensors being wireless in a sense attached to each tire. That's going to be a hard one to keep up with after a few rotations!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.